22nd November 2017, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to get 25 marks in theory paper? Should I put my paper for revaluation?

In B.Com 6th semester theory, I got 14 and in internals, I got 22, so total is 36. But out of 100, 40 is passing marks. But in theory is that compulsory to get 25? Or If I put revaluation, can I pass?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it compulsory to pass both Theory and Practical exams separately to qualify in Chemistry of 12th Maharashtra Board exam?
  2. Which one is better between Calicut and Bharathiyaar University? I want to know the subjects in BCA
  3. Whether re-sitting is allowed or not under WBCHSE for one paper only? -- [New]
  4. IGNOU Masters in English Literary Criticism and Theory Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Passing criteria of UGC SET and NET exam?
  6. What to do if failed in practical exams?
  7. Whether combined marks of theory and practical is considered for passing?
  8. PTU B. Tech EE 5th Sem. Electromagnetic Field Theory (EE- 303) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Delhi University - B.A (H) Political Science - Second Year Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Delhi University - B.A (H) Political Science - First Year Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Delhi University - B.A (H) Political Science - Third Year Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Gujarat Technological University, MCA 2nd Sem.,-Theory of Computation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Is it compulsory to pass Practical and Theory paper individually for Physics ,Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard (CBSE)? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is there any change in the pattern of the exam of UP PCS?
  15. Vardhaman Mahaveer University, B.Com - Micro Economic Theory (EC-01) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Nalanda Open University MA in Economics-Part II-Economics Theory (Paper IX) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. What is the pass marks of Chemistry theory paper in 12th standard?
  18. Vedavyasa Institute of Technology, B.Tech in Computer Science, 6th Sem., Graph Theory and Combinatorics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
24th November 2017, 07:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to get 25 marks in theory paper? Should I put my paper for revaluation?

Yes, in any course you need to pass in theory as well as practicals separately to get the pass tag. If you have failed in theory paper, then it will be a back paper for you.

Normally, 33% marks is the minimum marks required to pass most of the college exams. Hence, make sure you have this much marks.
24th November 2017, 09:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to get 25 marks in theory paper? Should I put my paper for revaluation?

First thing I would like to let you know that one is required to pass in both internal ( practical ) and external ( theory ) papers separately to pass in the particular paper at degree level any university.

Further I would also like to let you know that you yourself has mentioned that the passing marks out of 100 marks is 40 marks and you have managed to secure 36 marks overall including internal and external papers so you are fail even if the total marks in both papers are considered for declaring a candidate pass or fail.

If you have confidence that your marks can be upgraded after reevaluation then you should apply for reevaluation for getting passing marks in your concerned paper.
25th November 2017, 11:03 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is mandatory that you have to score at least 40% marks for which the examination is conducted to qualify the examination. So, if you secure 22 marks in theory examination and totally 36 marks then, you will be considered as fail and you have to apply for supplementary examination to qualify the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?