22nd December 2017, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Whether combined marks of theory and practical is considered for passing?

If I do not pass my intermediate part 2 statistics theory paper, but I did very well in the practical. Will the marks be combined together or will I have to give the theory paper again even if adding my 1st year, 2nd year and practical marks will make it above 33%?

22nd December 2017, 08:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether combined marks of theory and practical is considered for passing?

Normally, most of the universities ask for passing in both, theory and practical separately. You need to make sure that you have got 33% at least to pass and 40% marks combined together.

Hence, you need to have 40% marks when both the marks of theory and practical are combined. 33% is considered to pass, but still you need to fulfill other criteria too.
23rd December 2017, 01:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether combined marks of theory and practical is considered for passing?

If you cannot qualify in the theoretical paper, it will be very difficult for you to pass in that particular subject.
However, some of the universities ask the candidates to pass separately in both the theory and practical papers. To obtain a minimum of 35% or 40% in the particular papers. While some of the colleges allow candidates to combine the marks of both the papers and score a minimum of 40% of marks to pass in that particular subject. But in that case also, you require some percent of marks to be scored in each of the theory and practical paper which is set by the University authorities.
23rd December 2017, 10:52 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that in order to pass in a subject consisting of both practical and theory papers you need to pass in both practical and theory papers separately in order to pass in the subject as a whole.

So by failing in theory paper of your statistics paper you cannot be considered as a pass candidate even if your overall marks which includes theory and practical paper marks is more than the passing marks of the paper.
26th December 2017, 11:46 PM
sairamvtu

Yes.Both practical and theory marks are taken under consideration. You need to get minimum of 33 percent of total marks. But some universities (not in majority) consider combined marks for final evaluation of a student in particular subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?