11th March 2016, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear for CGL exam being in graduation final year?

Hi sir,

I am a final year graduation student. I will get my graduation certificate in october. So my question is about the eligibility to appear for the Combined Graduate Level examination in this prespective? So please reply me as soon as possible.

11th March 2016, 08:57 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for CGL exam being in graduation final year?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in CGL Exam:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Combined Graduate Level Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission being a final year Graduate. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CGL Examination is "Bachelor's Degree" from a recognized university or its equivalent. From this year onwards, Candidates who are pursuing their Final year are also eligible to appear in CGL Examination.

It takes almost a year to complete the entire registration process , as the examination is going to be conducted in May 2016 and the whole process gets completed after October 2016 for sure. Make sure you submit the required documents during the final process of the recruitment. So I am sure you are eligible to apply for SSC CGL 2016 examination even being a final year candidate.
11th March 2016, 11:37 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for SSC examination being in final year of graduation.

SSC CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year for recruitment of candidates in government jobs. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation or even final year pursuing candidate can apply.

The age limit to appear for examination is 18-27 years. So, you can appear for examination, but you have to present your certificate before final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
11th March 2016, 01:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in CGL examination:

the basic qualification required for the CGL exam is a bachelor's degree or equivalent examination from a recognised universities.

Age limit:

Minimum age limit should not be less than 18 and maximum should not exceed 27 years where is relaxation of 5 years is given to SC and ST and 3 years to OBC, for physically handicapped in 10 years.
11th March 2016, 01:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear for CGL exam in final year:-

The basic qualification required for the most of the post CGL exam is a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised universities.

Age limitation:-

The age limit is 18 to 27 years

For SC /ST relaxation of 5 years and 3 years for OBC
for physically handicapped 10 years.
11th March 2016, 01:29 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear for CGL exam being in graduation final year :

Candidate must have passed graduation in order to appear in CGL examination. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible but they have to produce their degree at the time of interview.
Age of candidate must be form 18 to 27 years. Relaxation is also there as per government norms.
11th March 2016, 02:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir,

I am a final year graduation student. I will get my graduation certificate in october. So my question is about the eligibility to appear for the Combined Graduate Level examination in this prespective? So please reply me as soon as possible.
Final year candidates are not eligible for SSC CGL exam 2016.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SSC CGL (CBI) exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Best books for SSC CGL exam :-

The Pearson Guide To SSC Combined Graduate Level (Paperback)
Author: Showick Thorpe, Edgar Thorpe
Publisher: Pearson

SSC Conbined Graduate Level SAC, CISF & CPO Exams Solved Paper 2010 & 2011
by
Kiran Prakashan

Publisher: Kiran Prakashan

SSC Combined Graduate Level(Pre.) Examination Self Study Guide
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2011)
11th March 2016, 03:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination. It is conducted by SSC every year for different posts under Central Government.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for SSC CGL examination but they must receive their degree on 1st August of 2016.

>>Age limit for examination is 18-27 years for most of the posts. It is relaxed for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

If you get your provisional certificate on 1st August, 2016 then you can apply for SSC CGL exam. But as you have mentioned that you will get in October, you can not apply for exam.
11th March 2016, 06:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for SSC CGLE being in graduation final year.

CGLE stands for Combined Graduate Level Exam.

SSC conducts CGL exam every year to recruit personnel to Group B Governmental Posts, Group C Technical Post and more.

Eligibility criteria for SSC CGLE :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is age relaxation for reserved category as per the norms of government rules.

-The selection process involves of

Written test ,

Skill test ,

Group Discussion, and

Interview.

Exam syllabus :

- General Intelligence & Reasoning

- General Awareness

- Quantitative Aptitude

- English Comprehension

One can get more details on the Official website of SSC : www.ssconline.nic.in
11th March 2016, 06:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to act according to the notification. If in notification it is mentioned that you need to pass the degree exam before August of the same year then you must make sure that result is declared before that date.

If your result is declared before that date and certificate will be available in October then you can surely appear for exam without any worry.
11th March 2016, 07:06 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You can very much appear for CGL examination now, but do keep in mind that at the time of joining you should have your degree in your hand otherwise your examination will be void.
11th March 2016, 07:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, being in final year you can very much appear for CGL examination, you should however fill up the application form online and prepare for your examination. You should have however collected your certificate before joining in order to be eligible for the job post.
11th March 2016, 09:35 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you can appear for CGL examination. CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit is 18-27 years as on 1st August of year of appearing for examination.

So, you can appear for examination, but you need to submit your documents at the time of document verification after qualifying in Tier I and Tier II. The application for 2016 examination is available now. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ssc.nic.in
11th March 2016, 10:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination. The eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates can apply for the exam but they must receive degree on 1st August of year of exam.

Since, you will get degree in October, you can not apply for exam.
11th March 2016, 10:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

If you have seen the notification of Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination released by SSC on 12th February, 2016, it is clearly mentioned that candidate willing to apply for this exam either have completed graduation or getting their degree on 1st August of 2016. You can get notification at official website of SSC, www.ssc.nic.in.

As you have mentioned that you will get your graduation certificate in october, you can not apply for this examination in this year.
11th March 2016, 11:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CGL means Combined Graduate Level examination. If you want to apply for SSC CGL 2016, you must meet following eligibility criteria:

*Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidate pursuing in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination but they must obtain their degree before or by August 1, 2016.

*Age limit for exam is 18-27 years with upper age relaxation for candidates of reserved category.

Official website for further details is http://www.ssc.nic.in
1st November 2017, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I had applied for SSC CGL 2017. Currently, I'm in 7th semester of my B.Tech degree and will have my graduate certificate before 1st August,2018 (or before the document verification date).
Now, I'm left in a deep conundrum as to should I invest time in preparation for further stages, because whatever I have read here and there, nowhere it has been clearly stated whether the year of completion of graduation matters or not ?
My query is if and when I would be facing the verification stage, will I be asked "how did you apply for CGL 2017 when your graduation is completed in 2018 ?"
12th January 2018, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I have completed my graduation in Dec 2017. I have attempted SSC Cgl 2017 and qualified for tier 2 exam. Am I eligible to give tier 2? Actually my bachelor degree certificate will be getting in the month of August 2018..so, I'm little bit confused whether to give tier 2 exam or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?