8th January 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt B.Arch as my career if I am creative and Artistic?

I have a good creative and an artistic mind, but I hadn't studied maths as the main course in 12th, but I am so eager to do B.Arch as my career. What can I do? Can I apply for NATA exam since its main view is creativity.

8th January 2018, 05:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should opt B.Arch as my career if I am creative and Artistic?

If you haven't studied maths in class 12th, then you will not be able to apply for B.Arch admission. Maths is absolutely compulsory for NATA as well as JEE Main.

Only qualification will make you eligible for such entrance exam. At present you can only apply for D.Arch based on class 10th.
8th January 2018, 05:23 PM
khansuccess

Yes, you should and you can opt for the above mentioned examination in order to get admission in B.Arch course, if you are really keen towards it and wish to pursue the course not just fort the sake of others, but for your own will, I am sure you will do well.

You should prepare really hard for the examination as it is not an easy nut to crack, but I am sure you will do it. Just keep patience.
8th January 2018, 10:54 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very good that you are eager to opt for the B.Arch course as your Graduate course and want to make it as your career. But, I am very sorry to say that you cannot opt for B.Arch course as you have not studied Mathematics as a subject in your class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Arch course. Since, you have not studied Mathematics in class 12th, you cannot apply for B.Arch course.
9th January 2018, 11:26 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a good creative and an artistic mind, but I hadn't studied maths as the main course in 12th, but I am so eager to do B.Arch as my career. What can I do? Can I apply for NATA exam since its main view is creativity.

Eligibility to study the B.Arch course is a pass in 10+2 with mathematics as subject with at least 50% marks or 10+3 Diploma (any stream) from a recognized university/institution with at least 50% marks. Candidates have to clear the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA) for the admission to the B.Arch course. Hence, if you satisfy the above criteria, then you are eligible to study B.Arch course with creativity and artistic skills or it is not possible to do B.Arch course. B.Arch course is available in various colleges in India.
11th January 2018, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I opt B.Arch as my career if I am creative and Artistic?

For all those who wants to take up b.arch for there degree, you need to have studied maths in 11th&12th as a subject. As I myself am an archi student, there is this myth going on that if you are not good in math you take Architecture,but it's not true, maths is important as much as being creative and artistic. Math is all about logic so is Architecture.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?