30th November 2015, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a Custom Officer being 12th passed?

Well i want to become a custom officer and i have 12th pass certificate and done schooling from DAV public school. What should i do to become one?? please help me out.

30th November 2015, 05:10 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a Custom Officer being 12th passed?

First, you need to complete graduation. All government job examination require graduation degree.

After that, you have two option, either appear for SSC CGL or Civil service exam.

Through CGL you can become custom inspector and by Civil service, you can become IRS(CE) officer.

Both are highly competitive exam, but you can start full time preparation from final year of graduation. Until then, start building up general knowledge from current affair magazine. Read a newspaper daily, that would be sufficient for now.

There are many coaching for these exams, so you can take coaching after graduation.
30th November 2015, 06:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

With 10+2 as academic qualification, you can not become Custom officer. The minimum academic qualification required for Customer officer is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, first you need to complete your bachelor's degree then apply for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam for becoming Custom Officer. There are three stages of that exam Tier I, Tier II and personal interview.
30th November 2015, 07:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Custom Officer or Income tax officer, a candidate must appear for Combined Graduate Level exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year.

But let me tell you that the least academic requirement for that exam is graduation in any stream from an UGC recognized university. After 10+2, you can not appear for this exam and hence you can not become Custom Officer.
30th November 2015, 08:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well i want to become a custom officer and i have 12th pass certificate and done schooling from DAV public school. What should i do to become one?? please help me out.
Custom Officer Jobs comes under 'Grade A' of Civil Services.

To get Customer Officer job, you will have to qualify Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Civil Services Exam consist of three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

Civil Services Exam (Preliminary) will be conducted on 7 August 2016.

And the notifications will be released on 23 April 2016.

While the last date to apply for this exam is 20 May 2016.

Firstly, Preliminary Exam will be conducted.

After qualifying Preliminary Exam, you can appear in Main Exam that will be conducted on 3 December 2016.

To appear in this exam, you must have completed your Graduation in any discipline.

During the final year of your graduation, you can apply for Civil Services exam.
30th November 2015, 08:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required for becoming Custom Officer is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam.

You are only 10+2 passed candidate, so you can not apply for SSC CGL exam which is entrance exam for becoming Custom Officer. Hence it is advisable to complete your bachelor's degree from any university of India like Delhi University, JNU etc and then appear for this exam.

After clearing different stages of this exam, you can become Custom Officer.
30th November 2015, 08:48 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To join in as a customs officer, you need to appear for the Civil service exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). By writing the exam you can choose to join in Indian Customs & Central Excise Services as there are many services which are offered.

There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied inorder to apply and they are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age criteria for applying for the exam is you should be above 19 years.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed graduation with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized university and that can be from any stream.

As you have only completed +2, you are not eligible at this stage, it is better that you continue your studies and finish a degree of your wish and then apply for the exam.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2015, 10:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become the custom officer after the 10+2. To get the recruitment as custom officer you have to appear in the SSC CGL examination.

SSC CGL examination is conducted by the SSC every year and eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognisd university and age between the 19-28 years for the open category.

For more information visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
1st December 2015, 12:50 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL which stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam is conducted by SSC for income tax or custom officer exam. The minimum academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit is 18-30 years. Relaxation in upper age limit applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You are not eligible for becoming custom officer with 10+2 as academic qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?