2nd November 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Tech with 47% in 12th and 91 marks in JEE Main?

Friend,
I am very confuse what to do. Actually I have appeared in 12th Science and secured only 47%. I have got 91 marks in JEE Main. I don’t want to give JEE Advanced. So, I would like to know that still I am eligible for admission in B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  2. HOw should I prepare for JEE mains? I have cleared class 12th
  3. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai?
  4. Detailed information about Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 91% in 12th and scored 134 marks in JEE Main?
  5. Can I get admission with scholarship in Lovely Professional University to study B.Tech if secured 94% in 12th Board exam and scored 88 marks in JEE Main?
  6. Is it a barrier to study B.Tech with low JEE Main score? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(ECE) if secured 78% in 12th and scored 58 marks in JEE Main?
  8. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
  9. Should I reappear in 12th and JEE Main & Advance if didn't qualify in 12th PCM if interested to become IAS Officer?
  10. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in Nirma University for a candidate who has secured 94% In 12th GSEB?
  11. Can I study B.Tech if secured 76.6% in 12th BSEB and scored 112 marks in JEE Main being a PD candidate?
  12. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Arch course?
  13. Qualifying marks in JEE Main? Suitable books for preparation?
  14. Possibility to appear in JEE Main for 12th Commerce student?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  16. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
  17. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?
  18. Chances to study B.Tech(IT) in NIT for a candidate who has secured 85.6% in 12th and scored 116 marks in JEE Main?
7th November 2015, 08:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech with 47% in 12th and 91 marks in JEE Main?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of 4 years for one who are interested to make their career in the technical world.

To be eligible for pursuing the same course from UGC approved university to get quality education and good career opportunities one needs to have completed their higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects from a recognized board of education. Any equivalent degree holder are also eligible.

So having secured only 47% marks in your 12th board examination you do not satisfy the primary condition for pursuing the same course which is 50% marks in the board examination and hence you are not eligible for pursuing the same course from recognized university.

Yes with the same aggregate you might get admission in few deemed universities but this will not be good option as these do not have good reputation and hence do not offer good job placements.

So you might look for any other course or if you are interested in the same course then you should reappear in your board examination with more focus and determination to secure good aggregate in your board examinations as well as good rank in the JEE to get admission in good college to have better career option.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?