25th August 2015, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance to appear for joining army after completion of B.Pharm course?

My daughter is in 3rd year of pharmacy. she wants to join army .which entrance exams she has to appear? whether she has to complete post graduation or even after her graduation she can join? Can someone give me the answer soon?

26th August 2015, 01:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance to appear for joining army after completion of B.Pharm course?

The most suitable for female candidates to join Indian Army at the bachelor's degree level is through the Combined defense services conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

Your daughter can apply for this exam as both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the exam. For Indian military academy, bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is required.

The age limit for the IMA is 19-24 years and for the OTA is 19-25 years. With bachelor's degree in pharmacy, your daughter can apply for the CDS exam for IMA and OTA.

No, there is no need of post graduation course, she can apply at bachelor's degree level. To join these academies, your daughter needs to clear the:

1. Written test.

2. Service Selection Board.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
26th August 2015, 02:21 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which entrance to appear for joining army after completion of B.Pharm course?

It is great to see that you are interested in Defense sector.

You have to fight the CDSE for that.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
26th August 2015, 05:23 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CDS exam to join Indian army after B.Pharma course.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Examination.

Age Limit : 19 to 24 years.

Education Qualification : Candidate who have passed any graduation from any recognised university.

She can join just after graduation, there is no need to complete post graduation.

Please find the attachment for CDS syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 87 views)
26th August 2015, 06:52 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Pharm course, one can join Indian Army through CDS exam .

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services Exam .

UPSC conducts CDS exam twice a year to make recruitment in the Indian Defense Services .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the CDS exam are as under :-

The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy is Graduation in any discipline,Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Naval Academy and 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Air Force Academy.

-The age limit to apply for Indian Military Academy is from 19 years to 24 years,for Indian Naval Academy,it is from 19 years to 22 years,for Indian Air Force Academy,it is from 19 years to 23 years and for Officer's Training Academy,it is from 19 years to 25 years .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.
26th August 2015, 09:33 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

After completing your B. Pharm you can join in Indian army through CDS(combined Defense Examinations) exam. The candidate who completed his/her bachelor's degree are the final year students can also apply for Indian army. The candidate must have completed his/her degree with 50% of marks. He/she must be an citizen of India. You need apply through online for CDs exam.
26th August 2015, 11:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After graduation there is only one option for your daughter which is CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Age limit for this exam is 19 to 25 years for Indian Army.

Being a B.PHARM candidate she is only eligible for this exam. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and SSB interview.
26th August 2015, 11:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, your daughter can apply for the Combined Defense services even without doing post graduation as the minimum qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

For combined defense services, both unmarried male and female category candidates can apply for the exam.

You can apply for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy after doing bachelor's degree in pharmacy. Your age must be between 19-25 years to be eligible for both these academies.
27th August 2015, 01:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is in 3rd year of pharmacy. she wants to join army .which entrance exams she has to appear? whether she has to complete post graduation or even after her graduation she can join? Can someone give me the answer soon?
After completion of B.Pharmacy course you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
26th July 2020, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

I just wanted to join Indian army at any cost, so what should I do after 12th PCB, can anyone suggest me? Which Course should I select on which i will easily select in indian army???
26th November 2020, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

In which period this exams are conducted?
13th December 2020, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

I Am married ..Can I still eligible for joining army .?
21st April 2021, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Is there any other way to join army after B pharm but for above the age of 25?
29th May 2021, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

After completing b.pham can i become army officer
24th July 2021, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

I am august 94 born and i have completed bpharma in 2013 after that i had worked with several pharma companies in marketing. I want to apply for pharmacist job in military, can anyone help me with this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?