23rd July 2016, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam available to join B.Tech course for B.Sc(Physics) student?

I want to join B.Tech now. I am a student of B.Sc(H) in Physics. Can you please let me know what entrance exam I have to appear so that I can get admission for B.Tech course now? Kindly tell me asap.

25th July 2016, 12:40 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Entrance exam available to join B.Tech course for B.Sc(Physics) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join B.Tech now. I am a student of B.Sc(H) in Physics. Can you please let me know what entrance exam I have to appear so that I can get admission for B.Tech course now? Kindly tell me asap.
Yes, of course it is possible for you to join in B.Tech course through lateral entry after completing B.Sc in Physics course. You are directly eligible for 2nd year B.Tech course, but you need to appear and qualify in the Lateral entry examination conducted by the respective university.
25th July 2016, 09:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam available to join B.Tech course for B.Sc(Physics) student?

Quote:
After completion of B.Sc in Physics, you can apply for B.Tech course through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry exam:-

(i)Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.

(ii)Candidate should have passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.

(iii)Candidate's age should be above 18 years.
26th July 2016, 12:03 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You need qualify in the Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) conducted by the respective university. Normally those who completed Diploma or B.Sc course in concerned specialization are directly eligible for B.Tech 2nd year. It is mandatory that the candidate must qualify in the Lateral Entry Engineering Test with good marks to get B.Tech admission through lateral entry.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech through Lateral Entry:

- The candidate must complete Diploma course or its equivalent qualification in any discipline with at least 60% from a recognized university.

- The candidate age should have any pending backlogs in any semester.
14th September 2017, 12:50 PM
kunalroy89

If you have done B.Sc Physics and had Maths as one subject in your entire graduation,you are eligible to appear for lateral entry exam conducted by state technical institutes. You will get admission in 3rd Semester or 2nd Year based on your rank.
Or else, you can appear for joint entrance exam for 12th passed candidates but that will be a 4year course whereas Lateral entry will lead you to 3year course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?