29th February 2016, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation degree mandatory to be eligible for the competitive exams?

Is graduation degree mandatory to be eligible for the competitive exams? I hear about various competitive exams which we can give for getting job but are those mandate graduation degree to be completed? Is graduation degree mandatory to be eligible for the competitive exams?

29th February 2016, 11:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation degree mandatory to be eligible for the competitive exams?

Yes, it is compulsory to complete graduation to be eligible for government jobs. As because on 12th there are only limited job vaccancies.
After graduation some of the government exams are as under:-

SSC
BANKS
UPSC
BPSC
MTS
LIC
FCI
UDC
CGL
29th February 2016, 11:59 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is graduation degree mandatory to be eligible for the competitive exams?

Yes, graduation is compulsory for appearing in the competitive exams now. The basic educational qualification required for appearing in most of the competitive exam is graduation with minimum 55% marks from any well recognized university. The competitive exams like IPS, IAS, IES etc all requires graduation as the basic qualification. However there are some competitive exams for lower posts that you can attempt even after 12th class.
1st March 2016, 08:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required basically varies from competitive examination to examination. So this is the reason why, we cannot say that "Graduation" is mandatory for appearing in Competitive Examinations. i.e., Candidates who have completed their Higher Secondary Education (12th Class) in 10+2 pattern are also eligible to appear in Competitive Examinations. So I can clearly say that, candidates from 12th Background or Graduation background eligible for appearing in the competitive Examinations. For Instance,

Minimum 12th Class is Required for:

* Staff Selection Commission CHSL
* SSC Multitasking Staff
* Postal Recruitment
* Indian Railways Grade D Posts

Minimum Graduation is Required for:

* Civil Services Commission
* UPSC Examinations
* Bank Clerical and PO Recruitment
* Indian Railways Non Technical Recruitment
* Insurance Recruitment
* Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination
1st March 2016, 09:22 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Not all but most of the competitive examinations have the minimum eligibility requirement of graduation. Therefore, it is advisable for you to complete your graduation first and then opt for any competitive examination.
1st March 2016, 09:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It is not mandatory for each and every competitive examination, but in maximum cases the minimum eligibility requirement is graduation. Therefore, in such cases you will not be eligible to apply if you will not be a graduate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?