26th June 2015, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for IAS Examination? Is it mandatory to have 60% in graduation?

I am in my final year of graduation. I am doing graduation in Bachelor in elementary education. My date of birth is 15-08-1992. my aggregate percentage is below 60%. Is it mandatory to have 60% at graduation level for IAS examination qualification?

27th June 2015, 12:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for IAS Examination? Is it mandatory to have 60% in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in my final year of graduation. I am doing graduation in Bachelor in elementary education. My date of birth is 15-08-1992. my aggregate percentage is below 60%. Is it mandatory to have 60% at graduation level for IAS examination qualification?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
27th June 2015, 02:24 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for IAS Examination? Is it mandatory to have 60% in graduation?

No.There is no such compulsion about marks criteria. One just needs to be a graduate from UGC recognized University to be eligible.
Age limit shall be 21-30 years for general
21-33 for OBC non creamy layer
21-35 for SC/ST/Physically Disabled.

Low marks in graduation does not matter in either your eligibility or your final selection. So do not get distracted by these thoughts.
Prepare well and qualify. All the best.
27th June 2015, 05:26 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Services exam every year for making recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IRS,IFS,etc.So, one who wishes to become an IAS officer has to appear in the Civil Services Exam .

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate must have passed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university .There is no restriction on minimum marks obtained in Graduation degree .

-The candidate who are in the final years of their Graduation degree can also appear in the exam .

-The age limit to appear in the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for General category . The upper age is relaxed for OBC candidates by 3 years , 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD (Person with disability) .

--The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)

* Civil Services Main Exam

* Personality Test.

To get more details regarding Civil Services exam,one can login to the official website of UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th June 2015, 07:34 PM
krroshan.amar

IAS (Indian Administrative Examination) is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibilty for appearing in this exam are

1. Candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate should hold Bachelor degree in any stream from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Candidates awaiting for their graduation results can also apply for the same.

3. There is age limit of 32 years for general i.e, upto 6 attempts
For OBC Candidates it is 35 Years
For Sc/ST it is 37
For Handicapped 42, 45 and 47 for general, OBC and for Sc/ST respectively.

However UPSC doesn't emphasises on the % of marks scored in Graduate exam therefore even if a candidate holds undergrduate degree with 45 or 50% then he/she can also apply for UPSC Exam for IAS.
27th June 2015, 08:31 PM
rrooxx

*For the Indian Administrative Service the candidate must be a citizen of India.for this exam the candidate must be graduation passed and there is no percentage required.
*A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years
*the age relexatation for different caste are
For SC-5 years
For ST-3 years
For OBC-5 years
Selection procedure-
*written exam
*physical test
*interview of candidate..
27th July 2015, 05:15 PM
Mshanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
The eligiblity criteria for IAS is graduation passed from reconginzed university.
The new age limits and number of attempts are:
*General category age limit 32years and attempts 06.
*OBC category age limit 35years and attempts 09.
*SC/ST category age limit 37years and attempts are unlimited.
*Physically handicapped category age limit for General category is 42years, OBC is 45years and for SC/ST is 47years.
All the best.
15th August 2015, 04:41 PM
DSP@1

IAS stands for 'Indian Administrative Services'.

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are as follows:-

-Candidate must have completed his/her graduation from the recognized university.
-Candidate age must be between 21-30 years.
-Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is given.
-General candidates can appear for 3 times,OBC candidates will have 7 attempts and SC/ST candidates have to restriction for number of attempts.

These are the criteria for the IAS exam.

As there is no discussion about the percentage in graduation.It is not mandatory to have
minimum 60% marks in their graduation.

So by considering your date of birth and year you are studying in your graduation,one thing is clear that you are eligible to give the IAS exam this time itself.
30th September 2015, 09:11 PM
vinoth1921

-->There is no restriction for Qualifying marks but you have to passed without any backlogs.
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

If you do Engineering, then you may try this exam also
-->IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc. which helps you to get into Defense services.
--> But courses in History/ Geography/ Law/ Economics will be an added advantage rather than Engineering.

-->Eligibility for UPSC Service
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Exams Process
-Preliminary Examination
-Main Examination
-Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?