31st March 2016, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Which has more job scope - Clinical Psychology or Industrial Psychology?

I am doing 12th from Science stream And i am interested in studying Psychology subject in my graduation as i want to make a career in this field only. So tell me which course has more job scope - Clinical Psychology or Industrial Psychology?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Which has a greater scope in India between Clinical and Industrial Psychology? What is the salary? I am studying MSc Psychology
  2. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  3. Colleges in India for B.Sc in Psychology? Scope of clinical psychology in India?
  4. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  5. What is the scope of masters in psychology? What are the job opportunities?
  6. Scope of PhD in clinical psychology in India: Salary wise and Job wise? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Eligibility criteria for doing Masters in Clinical Psychology?
  8. How to be a clinical psychologist? I am doing M.A Psychology from IGNOU
  9. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  10. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  11. Requirements to get admission in NIMHANS for M.Sc and Ph.D in Clinical Psychology?
  12. Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?
  13. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  14. What is the eligibility to pursue MSc in Clinical Psychology?
  15. Can I do M.Sc in Clinical Psychology after completion of B.Sc in Psychology?
  16. When will be the Entrance Exam to join M.Phil in Clinical Psychology after completion of MA in Psychology?
  17. Is Ph.d in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.Phil in PSW
  18. Colleges offering M.Sc in Psychology and M.Phil in Clinical Psychology?
31st March 2016, 07:06 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which has more job scope - Clinical Psychology or Industrial Psychology?

Either of the two fields has equal career opportunities, now it depends upon your interest as to which field do you choose to pursue your career in.

Clinical Psychology:

> Candidates can find jobs in licensed psychiatric nursing homes.

> They can also offer counsellng services to people in need of ppsychcologicl help.

> Candidates can also find job as a full time career counselor in various schools, etc.

Industrial psychology;

> Candidates can work in Human Resource or management counselling.

> Some can even go for research and teaching profession.

> Candidates can even apply for jobs abroad as there is a huge requirement of such psychologist in foreign countries.
31st March 2016, 09:51 PM
Driana

Default Re: Which has more job scope - Clinical Psychology or Industrial Psychology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing 12th from Science stream And i am interested in studying Psychology subject in my graduation as i want to make a career in this field only. So tell me which course has more job scope - Clinical Psychology or Industrial Psychology?

Thank you!
Clinical psychology has more scope as every reputed hospital has a counselor who have done their clinical psychology where you have to deal with patients sufferefrom depression alhocol habit schizophrenia etc .. Mental health and they are highly paid rg CMC hospital in vellore
1st April 2016, 12:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Both of the courses have a good job scope after class 12th completion. As you are studying class 12th, after completing you may take any of the courses in which you have interest. But my opinion for you is to opt for Clinical Psychology as nowadays this has become more popular to deal with. In this field you have to deal with the patients who are suffering from any kind of depression, alcohol habits, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?