31st March 2016, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Which course should i choose - BA Psychology or B.Sc. Psychology?

I have pcm in my 12th. And i am looking forward to make career in Psychology field. But i am confused between choosing BA Psychology course or B.Sc. Psychology course. Kindly help me in this.

31st March 2016, 03:12 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should i choose - BA Psychology or B.Sc. Psychology?

As you have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th class, so you should go for B.Sc. Psychology.
If you are good in Chemistry and Physics, then you should go for B.Sc. Psychology but if you are not good in Physics and Chemistry then you should go for B.A. Psychology.
B.Sc. Psychology has more scope than BA Psychology.
31st March 2016, 03:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion if you see yourself as a science person and interested in science then you must prefer BSC in psychology and if you are Arts person then you must opt for BA in Psychology. As you have completed your 12th from science stream so you must opt for BSC in psychology.
31st March 2016, 07:41 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for either of the course it depends upon your own interest as to which course you wish to opt for. Both of the courses are quite similar in many aspects.

BA psychology students can avail job posts such as;

> Case manager.

> Career counselor.

and can also avail jobs in health departments, etc.

B.Sc Psychology students can avail job post such as;

> Teaching.

> Work in health departments.

> work in social and family welfare area, etc.

The key difference between the two is that BA Psychology provides more emphasis on thee theories of psychology and the other puts more emphasis on practical aspect of psychology.
31st March 2016, 10:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You should go for B.Sc course in Psychology. This is because:-

- You have pursued 12th standard with PCM combination.
- B.SC. in Psychology has more scope as compared to B.A in Psychology.
1st April 2016, 12:24 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have pcm in my 12th. And i am looking forward to make career in Psychology field. But i am confused between choosing BA Psychology course or B.Sc. Psychology course. Kindly help me in this.
Both the courses having good scope in both the Public and Private sector as well. You can choose any one of them as per your interest. If you want to pursue your career in Psychology field, then it is advisable to take B.Sc in Psychology course and you can study further in the same line. The B.A Psychology emphasis will be on the theories of Psychology subject and the B.Sc will give more importance to the practical study of Psychology. If you see yourself as Arts person then choose B.A in Psychology. If you see yourself as Science person then choose B.Sc in Psychology.
1st April 2016, 03:34 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

As you have studied Physics Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th, so you should opt for B.Sc Psychology course after completing class 12th.
Among both the courses, B.Sc in Psychology has more scope as compared to BA in Psychology. So, you must take B.Sc in Psychology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?