24th September 2016, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

How to become an engineer in computer science?

I am a student of bachelor of science and I want to become an engineer in computer science but I am studying my B.Sc with subject physics, mathematics and statistics. So, how can I get admission in IIT?

24th September 2016, 11:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an engineer in computer science?

To get admission in IIT for engineering degree you have to appear for JEE conducted by CBSE and IIT.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper.

There are only three attempts to appear for Main examination and two appear for Advanced stage. The two attempts must be 1st during appear for board examination and 2nd will be in next year.

Candidate have to qualify in both stage for final selection in IIT. The other option for B.Sc to pursue M.Tech course is after M.Sc through GATE.
24th September 2016, 11:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an engineer, then you have chosen the wrong course. However, you can opt for a software engineer job after completion of your B.Sc. course by getting employment opportunity in mass recruiting IT service based companies like Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, TCS, etc. Otherwise you can appear in engineering entrance exam , JEE and get admission in engineering course and become a computer science engineer.
24th September 2016, 11:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in Computer Science. But in order to get admission in IIT, you are required to appear in JEE (Joint Engineering Entrance Exam). The basic educational qualification required for getting admission in Computer science course is "12th class" with good JEE Score. You are required to get good score in Entrance exam and get admission into B.E/ B.Tech 1st year of computer science engineering based on the merit score.
25th September 2016, 07:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are pursuing graduation then after completing this also you will be able to get admission in B.Tech.
To become a computer engineer first of all you need to clear entrance examination.
Then after clearing this you have to continue studies for 4 years. Then, you will be eligible for this.
25th September 2016, 08:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of bachelor of science and I want to become an engineer in computer science but I am studying my B.Sc with subject physics, mathematics and statistics. So, how can I get admission in IIT?
Those who are aspiring to become a Computer Engineer, must complete B.Tech or B.E in Computer Engineering course from a recognized university. Most of the Computer Engineering Companies require, the candidates to hold a Bachelor's degree in,

- Computer science,
- Computer Programming,
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Information Systems,
- Electrical Engineering etc.

Being a B.Sc student, I suggest you to apply for B.Tech or B.E course through lateral entry. You can directly eligible to join in 2nd year B.Tech or B.E course after B.Sc. But, you must appear and qualify in the Lateral entry examination in order to get admission through the lateral entry scheme.
25th September 2016, 08:46 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are pursuing graduation then after completing this also you will be able to get admission in B.Tech.
To become a computer engineer first of all you need to clear entrance examination.
Then after clearing this you have to continue studies for 4 years. Then, you will be eligible for this.
25th September 2016, 10:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for IIT JAM, if you are seeking admission in IIT after completion of your B.Sc degree. You should opt for M.Sc IT or MCA for becoming an engineer in computer science.

Hence, just be prepared for various MCA entrance exam, if your aim in becoming an computer science engineer. B.Tech or MCA degree is enough to get you a job in top IT MNCs.
25th September 2016, 11:19 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in IIT in order to pursue B.Tech in CS, you will have to appear for IIT(JEE) examination and once yu do clear the examination with good score, you will be most eligible to get admission in the above mentioned Institute and can very much continue with your studies further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?