25th June 2011, 08:31 PM
kishorkumarpurohit

Is it possible to be software engineering in future after doing commerce?

Sir,

My son has passed class 10th. He want to be a software engineer in future but he dont want to take science maths in class 11th. He is preferring to commerce with computer science.

Can he be a software engineer in future with reputed degree course while he is taking commerce with computer science.

Thanking you

KISHOR PUROHIT

25th June 2011, 11:14 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to be software engineering in future after doing commerce?

hi ,
no sir your son can not be software engineer while taking commerce
he can join computer institute for more knowledge
in accounting package like tally, word, &etc
26th June 2011, 05:07 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to be software engineering in future after doing commerce?

Hello Sir,

If your son wants the engineering field then he will have problems in future as he is not having all the major science subjects i.e physics,chemistry and maths.

Both the software related courses in engineering that is Computer Science and Engineering(CSE) and Information Technology(IT) require the core science subjects in 12th as eligibility criteria.

Whereas if he chooses to study general courses like BCA/MCA he will also have problems pursuing these courses as these courses generally require maths as a main subject in 10(+2).

Being in the field of computer application also one can join the software industry not as an engineer but an application programmer.

So in 10(+2), he must have maths if he really wants to be in the software platform.

Rest depends on his choice now..Good luck for his future.
26th June 2011, 08:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

If your son is interested in commerce then its better that makes a career in that field. He has mentioned that he is not interested in science and maths, he certainly will not be happy in making career as a software engineer. In the commerce field itself he can make a career in areas like CA, CS, Probationary officer etc. If he wishes to be in the computer science field then make sure he takes maths in 12th standard. Also in B.Com make sure he takes Maths. After that he will be eligible to take up MCA.
26th June 2011, 11:17 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Hey,
It is possible for you son to become software engineer from commerce too.But he have to do BCA courses after completion of 12 class.
But one thing i want to ask.Is your son interested in commerce or having a fear of maths.but i want to tell that if your son study from science side then in future bTech computer sceince have great scope.

good luck
31st July 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

i want to become software engineer so after 10th which subjects i must take
16th August 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is ajay i want know about cse in future now a day it is not nice thats why every boby taking mec and civil in future cse will raise r not
18th August 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,
iam the student of fybcom in the streame of commerce than iwant to be computer software engineer from the GNIIT institute. What iam doing the computer software from the GNIIT institute from the streame commerce.

THANK YOU,
SHAHABUDDIN SHAH.
26th August 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

hello,sir I have completed bcom. and then i started c.s but it is hard for me i can't handle . and i am doing job as web designer so tell me sir what i do
30th August 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am studying in Class 11. I want to go in computer line in future that has good value like 3D & 4D or may be Software Engineer or else but my main problem is that I am not having Science & Maths too! But I have interest in Computers .Please kindly show me a right course to do.
4th October 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i m in class 10 and i m confussed to take which streame science or commerce to become a good software engineer in future but i m likely to take commerse with math. so please give me a quite positive ans ..
22nd November 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i am a student of commerce .but after 12th class i want go in engineering field or maths science field .is it possible now
10th December 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

my son is in 10th standard he is interested in computer so what should he do after 10th std
10th December 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

my son is in 10th std he is interested in computer so what should he do after 10th
11th December 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

HI! SIR
I am d student of std VIII.I want to become a software engineer in future.But d main problem is tht i m good in science but not in maths.so what can i do after passing X.
11th December 2011, 07:21 PM
Pratiksinha1

You should focus more in what you are weak..You can choose the stream as Science and can do some Computer Courses Such as DCA...You should also do B.tech..
11th December 2011, 07:56 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorkumarpurohit View Post
Sir,

My son has passed class 10th. He want to be a software engineer in future but he dont want to take science maths in class 11th. He is preferring to commerce with computer science.

Can he be a software engineer in future with reputed degree course while he is taking commerce with computer science.

Thanking you

KISHOR PUROHIT
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Software engineering after passing 12th with commerce stream.
Only Those who take Physics, Chemistry and Maths are eligible for software engineering.
You can do courses like TALLY, C++, JAVA etc.

all the best!
8th January 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I am 1Year puc commerce student my combination is ceba is it possible to be computer engineear
3rd February 2012, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to take MEC and become a software engineer.is it possible?
11th March 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to take software engineering aftef 10th?
15th March 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

i am the student of class 11th and my subject is commerce computer, i want to be software engineer,if is it possible so which steps i have to take ?
31st March 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

what should i take along with pcm if i wish to pursue software engineering? is it necessary to opt such subject?
26th May 2012, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

what is the purpose of taking commerce with computer science after 10 std
28th May 2012, 12:22 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Yes,It is possible if you have 12th standard commerce with maths.Then after 12th class maths you can take the admission in the BCA(Bachelor in commerce Application).

After graduation in the BCA you can get the admission in the MCA(Master of computer Application) which is the course software engineering.
So,if you want to become a software engineering after 12th commerce then you must have done the BCA and MCA.

All the best..............................
5th June 2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

can i become an engineer after taking commerce with computer science in 11th
6th September 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

what is the best course of enng??????????
16th September 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

YES,IT'S POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO BE SOFTWARE ENGINEER WITH COMMERCE AND COMPUTER SCIENCE.BUT THE MARK MUST BE 190 IN HIGHER SECONDARY SECOND YEAR PUBLIC EXAM.
3rd February 2013, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am ayushi kabra of class 12th.subject commerce with computer science. I want to become software engineer & I am not at all interested in doing c.a. or c.s.,is it possible. Please solve my query.
3rd February 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,I am riya kabra of class 12th(commerce with computer science)
I want to become a software engineer&I am not at all interested in doing c.a. or c.s.,is it possible if not, suggest me other field.please solve my query.
3rd February 2013, 05:36 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Sorry sir he can't be software engineer with commerce degree with computers
1. He can become a computer expert and a manager but can't become software engineer with degree course
2. For becoming software engineering he must choose either BCA but now a days colleges are not giving admission for students without studying science subjects in 12th
3. So taking maths and science in 11th is compulsory and there is no other choice
all the best.....
13th February 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

i am study commerce and i want to become software engineer so PLZ TELLi am a right
3rd March 2013, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

i want to take commerce with math and i also want to become a computer expert .
is it possible?
5th April 2013, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11 and my school athority giving me commerce stream but i want to take pcm to do engineering in future what can i do please help me.
10th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i m in class 10 and i m confussed to take which stream science or commerce to become a good software engineer in future but i m likely to take commerce with math. so please give me a quite positive ans ..
10th April 2013, 08:04 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends…… ..

I am sorry my friend you are not eligible for computer enginering course.
For this course you must have PCM in your inter
For this course you must crack any of the following

@@@@@ EAMCET,
@@@@@ IIT,
@@@@@ AIEEEA
@@@@@ Bitsat

Eligibility :::::

You must have to complete your 10th class from recognised board
You must complete your +2 with PCM with morethen 50%.
Second year students also eligible for this exam

All the best
13th June 2013, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

M Elizabeth Narjinary. I'm in X th standard. I don't like Science and Maths but I'm good in Conputer and I m interested too.
Please let me know wat should subjects I should persue or take up in my future because my future is really scaring me!
11th July 2013, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir..!
My name is Sandeep Kumar.........I had pass my 12th with Commerce stream.....bt I want to be Software Engineer....And I had choose B.C.A..........So,plz tell me it is right to become Software Engineer........
24th July 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, hum jase commersewith math lete ha to kya hum diploma ker sakte ha sir, muje toda kanfujan ha kyoki muje softare tecnology me interest ha . sir, muje bata sakte ha ki 11th class commerce math le sakte ha.
24th August 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I go to engineering field in masters after doing BSc in computer science?
26th October 2013, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am in std XI, and have taken Commerce with IT (without maths).
I have also completed MS CIT and passed with 80%.
Can I pursue Software engineering after XII.
If yes, please guide.
12th February 2014, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Which option is better sommerce with maths or cmmerce with comuter science... Please tell as i have got stream option 4 class 11th pls help me out....!!!!
5th May 2014, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

I want to be IT engineer but i dont want to take science so is it possible for me to be an engineer by taking commerce
7th July 2014, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

I am 11th class scince site and my aim is
computer software eingeer so it is parfect
7th July 2014, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I am 11th class scince site and my aim is
computer software engineer so it is parfect
2nd January 2015, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

if i am weak in maths and iam very good at computers and science [pcb] so which subject i should choose for becoming acomputer engineer?
19th February 2015, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

I am aman l am in Vlll std l am interesting in software engineer from commerce with math and BCA MCA can I pls tell me
10th March 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Yes,It is possible if you have 12th standard commerce with maths
.Then after 12th class maths you can take the admission in the BCA(Bachelor in commerce Application).

After graduation in the BCA you can get the admission in the MCA(Master of computer Application) which is the course software engineering.
So,if you want to become a software engineering after 12th commerce then you must have done the BCA and MCA.
24th May 2015, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir my name is azhar...my question is that..my brother got less percentage in 10th exam so that he cannot get science stream
Due to this he take commerce stream
But he want to be an software engineer .,.
So..is it possible that after passed 12 as a commerce student...to became a software engineer...

gmail.com
26th June 2015, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is diksha and i am student of 2 strem commerce and i hasn't taken the subject maths and computer so can i do software engineering after 2 and which course which i have to for software engineering
1st August 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

My name is Abdul bazith now am in standard 11. I got 7 A in10th examination but I take commers with computer applications I like to go in It field can I go for that plz give me a solution plz software or hard ware
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?