21st July 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

How can a girl become Air Force Officer after 12th?

Hello,

I am Apeksha. I want to get into Air Force after 12th. How can i do it?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an Air Force officer after passing 12th Non Medial? Which qualification is important to become an Air Force Officer?
  2. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  3. How can I become an Air Force officer after completing 12th
  4. Jobs in Indian Airforce for 12th passed girl candidates?
  5. How can I become an Air force officer after completing 12th if I am a 11th non medical student
  6. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  7. How to join Indian Air Force being a married girl pursuing 12th standard?
  8. What shall I do to become Air Force Officer after completion of 12th class?
  9. How can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a girl having secured 1st division in 12th Class with Science stream?
  10. How can I become an Indian Air Force or officer after passing 12th
  11. Minimum percentage of marks required to sit for Indian Army entrance exam after graduation in any stream?
  12. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th in March
  13. How can I join Air Force as a Technical officer? I am a B.Tech field student of EC branch
  14. What will the procedure to become Air Force Officer after 12th from Science stream?
  15. Minimum height required by a girl to join Air Force? Jobs available for girls? Expected salary and work of Aeronautical engineer?
  16. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can a girl apply in Air Force?
  18. How to apply for Air Force? I have passed 12th PCM
21st July 2015, 10:30 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a girl become Air Force Officer after 12th?

Being a girl candidate,you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force right after 12th.Because,only male candidates can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam after 12th .

The girl candidate who wishes to join Indian Air Force has to complete their graduation degree first.The girl candidate can join Indian Air Force through CDS(Common Defense Services) exam and AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) exam.

The eligibility criteria required for CDS exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics as main subjects from any recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 19 years to 23 years .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.

The AFCAT exam is conducted for 3 branches namely Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch.

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT are as under :-

Age limit :

For Technical Branch: 18 - 28 years

For Ground duty branch : 20 - 23 years

For Flying branch : 19 - 23 years .

Educational Qualification :

For Technical Branch: Bachelor of Engineering .

For Ground duty branch : Graduation in any stream .

For Flying branch :Graduation in any discipline along with 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .
21st July 2015, 11:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

No, after completion of 12th standard you are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam because you are a female candidate. So first complete graduation degree then you can apply for CDS exam which is conducted for India Air Force.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
22nd July 2015, 12:34 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that a girl cannot become an Air force after 12th as at this level of academics only male candidates are eligible for the same.

But you need not have to worry much about the same as you have the option for same after your graduation through CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held twice every year by UPSC and the qualifications required for the same for your desired wing are as following :-

* You must be an Indian resident.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have the bachelor degree with any of the Physics or Mathematics or engineering course from a recognized university.

* You must have the physical and mental fitness as per the norms.

The examination will be held in two stage which are known as General ability test and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For more details regarding the pattern, syllabus and notifications of same examination you can visit the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2015, 02:10 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,

Being a female candidate you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force wing after 12th standard. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for Indian Air Force wing through NDA and CDS exams. However, you can join Officer Training Academy (OTA) after completing your Graduation. Only Graduate students are eligible for Officer Training Academy (OTA) wing. You can join in OTA by qualifying in the CDS entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Official website- www.upsc.gov.in
22nd July 2015, 10:30 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to become Air Force Officer after 12th class. Girl candidate have to complete his graduation to apply for AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ).
First of all complete your graduation then you can apply for Air Force entrance exams.

After graduation female candidates are eligible for CDS and AFCAT exam.
22nd July 2015, 10:42 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Air Force after the 10+2 being a girl candidate. The examination after the 10+2 is known as the NDA examination and the examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

In the examination only male unmarried candidates are eligible and age must lie between 16.5-19.5 years.

So being a girl if you are interested in the Defense services you can appear in the CDS or the AFCAT examination. The eligibility to appear for both the examination is candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university.

For the CDS examination the candidate must have the graduation any discipline but have studied mathematics and physics upto 10+2. Age must be between 19-23 years.

For the AFCAT the candidate must have the graduation discipline in the any of the engineering stream.

So you have to wait for the graduation. Both the examination are conducted twice in a year and the examination is conducted in the two stages as Written and the SSB.
22nd July 2015, 10:42 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Under Indian Air Force you can be in the flying staff or in the technical staff. Now to be one of the flying crew under Indian Air Force, you must be minimum 16 years old. Since you have passed class 12, I am sure you are above 16. I will suggest you rather complete your B.Tech and then apply for the flying crew in Indian Air Force. The pay scale will be much better if you complete your B.tech and come. You need to sit for the UPSC or union public service commission examination to be selected for the job. Once you get a valid score in UPSC, you can apply for the job in flying crew in Indian Air Force. Along with you many others will also apply. So for all of you a short term training system will be provided. If you clear that too, you will be a member of the flying crew.
22nd July 2015, 04:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say but there is no opportunity for girls after 10+2 to join Indian Air Force. At 10+2, National Defense Academy entrance exam is conducted for which only unmarried male Indian candidates are eligible to apply.

If you are interested to join defense, you can apply for Combined Defense Services after completion of bachelor's degree from any recognized university.

For Indian Air Force academy, you must have studied physics and chemistry at 10+2 level. The age limit is 19-23 years. You can also apply for the Air Force Common Admission test for joining Indian Airforce.
22nd July 2015, 05:09 PM
Swetanandrocks
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

I am sorry to say that girl can't join Indian Air Force after passing 12th with any stream.
If a girl want to join Indian Air Force then she can join after passing graduation with physics and maths stream.

For this she have to qualify the CDS exam.
CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS Exam Eligibility:

Pass graduation with stream Physics and Maths from recognized University or boared.
Your age should be in between 19 - 24 year.
You must be citizen of India.
You should be medically fit (No major surgery in your body)
No relaxation for ST/SC candidates.

You have to qualify the CDS exam which include three steps:

Written exam
Interview
Medical exam

Good Luck
22nd July 2015, 06:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Girls can't apply for Indian Air Force with 12th qualification because there is no such exam. For girls there are opportunities in Indian Air Force only after completion of Graduation.

After completing graduation you can apply for exams like CDS and AFCAT which are conducted every year. Just make sure that your age is between 19 to 23 years if you want to join Indian Air Force through these exams.
22nd July 2015, 06:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an Air Force officer at the present educational qualification. As for the girl the minimum eligibility to become an Air Force Officer is the graduation.

So you have to first complete your graduation along with the preparation for the CDS entrance examination. CDS stands for the Combined Defense Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university.
* Candidate age must be between 19-23 years.
* Candidate must have studied Mathematics and Physics in the 10+2.

There are also another option if you pursue the engineering in the graduation then you are eligible through the AFCAT entry. The examination is conducted by the Air Force.

So from now only go through the English newspaper and current affairs. To make you vocabulary and general ability strong.
22nd July 2015, 07:14 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Being a girl, you are not eligible to apply for Air Force examination. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for Air Force examination after 12th standard. To join as Air Force Officer, you need to crack the NDA examination. NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The basic qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed intermediate with physics and mathematics from a recognized school. The candidate must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. But, after completing graduation. You are eligible to apply for AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) women entry examination.

Official Notification: Click Here !!!
22nd July 2015, 09:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to join in Indian Air Force after completion of 12th standard. To join in Air Force, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. As per eligibility criteria mentioned by UPSC to appear in NDA examination, only Unmarried Male candidates whose age is in between 16 1/2 to 19 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination and by qualifying the examination, they can join in Air Force. Being a female candidate, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination and you cannot join in Air Force.
23rd July 2015, 01:05 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,

No a girl candidate cannot apply for joining in Indian Air Force as it is not possible. The reason behind it is that you are not satisfying the Martial status needed eventhough you satisfy the educational qualification needed.

With a qualification of completed +2 there are many entrance exams which you can apply as it is the general procedure. The entrance exam which you can be applied with the qualification is NDA Exam. But the problem here is that, for applying for this exam, candidate need to be a unmarried male candidate.

Being a girl you are ineligible for applying for the exam and joining in IAF at this stage.
18th February 2016, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th standard..and I want to become an indian air force officer...which stream should I prefer for this..I don't like maths..but my father was saying tha I should go for PCB M...will I be able to join air force?..
15th March 2016, 10:54 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

Being a female candidate you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force wing after 12th standard. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for Indian Air Force wing through NDA and CDS exams. However, you can join Officer Training Academy (OTA) after completing your Graduation. Only Graduate students are eligible for Officer Training Academy (OTA) wing. You can join in OTA by qualifying in the CDS entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
21st September 2016, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, now i m a girl of 10th standard and my age is 14. Sir plz...tell me what should i do to become a air force officer, which books should i have to take for that?
23rd October 2016, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

What is the fee structure for becoming an Air Force Officer by giving the test of AFCAT
18th April 2017, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I want to know that how can a female become a flight lieutanant in Indian air force and eligibility and qualification needed and even the process to become a flight lieutanant after 10th....

Thank you
6th July 2019, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

My name is chhavi. I want to become a fighter pilot in iaf. I passed 12th class with pcm. And now I am doing ba. Can I become a fighter pilot after ba.
14th October 2019, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

My name is battula Sushma my 12th pass 98/ my join indian air Force my computer engineering Dr DY patil University of engineering Pune iam job empatat
6th March 2020, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Do we have to do IIT or JEE for air force
20th September 2020, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

My self Aditi Trivedi I want to be a doctor, i passed my neet enterance exam with 500 marks ,can i be doctor in IAF and serve the nation what i have to do for this?
15th October 2020, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I have 5 subject like hindi English political science geography phe and so I can join airforce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?