19th February 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

How to enter B.tech in Computer engineering after completing Diploma In Computer Science engineeering?

Hello! I want to know how to enter B.tech in computer engineering after completing me Diploma course in computer science engineering in NIELIT? Is it hard? Will I lack the knowledge compared to my B.tech counterpart?
Right now, I'm studying 12th in NIOS and got a pretty good grade in my 10th classes, and confident on pursuing Diploma in computer science engineering. But, in 12th I didn't take Science stream. So, I have to take Diploma course in order to enter B.tech. Help me out!!!

27th January 2017, 09:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to enter B.tech in Computer engineering after completing Diploma In Computer Science engineeering?

It is very good that you are interested to study Computer Science Engineering after the completion of class 12th studies.
After completing your Diploma course in Computer Science, you must have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the State Council and National Council. After qualifying in the examination, you can take admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry process.
30th January 2017, 01:25 PM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: How to enter B.tech in Computer engineering after completing Diploma In Computer Science engineeering?

There is no entrance exam or anything that you have to give to get into a B.Tech/B.E college after diploma.
There are one of the following 2 criteria's that will decide whether or not you get into an engineering college or not.
1. The percentage you obtain in your last year of diploma studies.
2. The percentage you obtain as an aggregate of all your years in diploma.
It generally depends on the college you are studying diploma in as to what they give more importance to and they college you plan to get into.
The minimum percentage that you must get is 75% though without which you will not be eligible to take admission in any engineering college.
The only thing that will be tough for you once you enter an engineering college would Maths, the only thing that will keep you behind others if you do not work hard on it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?