21st March 2016, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

How much marks are required for studying Geography honours?

I want to do honours in geography. My aggregation is 60% in 12th standard and i have got 61 marks in geography subject. So tell me exactly how much marks are required for studying geography Honours?

21st March 2016, 10:01 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks are required for studying Geography honours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do honours in geography. My aggregation is 60% in 12th standard and i have got 61 marks in geography subject. So tell me exactly how much marks are required for studying geography Honours?
The minimum marks required for Graduation in Geography differ from college to college. Most of the college/university demand at least 50% of marks at 12th standard level. Since, you have scored 60% of marks at 12th standard so it is possible for you to get admission for Graduation in Geography. The candidates have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria for getting admission for the Bachelor Degree in Geography. The aspirants who have completed their Intermediate in any discipline from a recognized Board can apply for the Graduation in Geography course.
21st March 2016, 10:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have got 60% marks in 12th standard so it is too tough to get admission in B.A in Geography.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 75% marks are eligible to get admission in B.A in Geography course.
21st March 2016, 02:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in geography honors course after 10+2.

The course is of three year duration and the admission in course is either on basis of entrance examination conducted by different university or on basis of aggregate in 10+2.

So, kindly visit the university you want to get admission to get admission procedure. It is tough to get admission on basis of score in 10+2.
21st March 2016, 10:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You are very much eligible to pursue Geography Honours as you have scored above the minimum marks required in order to pursue the course. The minimum marks however is 55% in Geography and 50% in aggregate.
21st March 2016, 11:37 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The aspirant can join the B.A (Hons.) Geography with 60% marks in 12th Class. You should have studied English as one of the subjects in class 12th. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many colleges like;

- Lovely Professional University -Official website
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College - Official website
- Jamia Millia Islamia - Official website
18th May 2016, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I have got 75 marks in geography .please to say i got geography honours?
19th September 2016, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

How much marks is required for geography honours in Culcutta University
30th May 2017, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

I have got 73% in XII n I obtained 70 marks in Geography can I get honours in it?
30th May 2017, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I have got 54 in theory and 25 in practical total are 79 marks out off 100 in subject geography but I prefer 2 subject and 2 language in 12 class so can I persisting graduation in geography honours
1st June 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

I scored 66.6 in my 12 boards and i want to take major in geography i got 67 in geography do i have any possibility to get honours?
26th September 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to pursue geography honours in jnu but what
are the subjects that I will be requiring in class 12 my combination is English,history ,political science, geography ,maths,evs
19th October 2017, 06:54 AM
Unregistered

I am from PCM and I want to take admission in du for geography BA honours.what is the maximum marks in board to take admission?
3rd April 2018, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have scored 69 in 12 class and I have scored 71 in geography can I apply geography honours in ragular du?plzz guide me
3rd April 2018, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir l have secured 70 in 12 board and 71 in geography can I eligible to apply geography honours in ragular college
22nd July 2021, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have got 71 in geography in class 12. am I eligible to apply geography honors in regular college?
21st August 2021, 03:37 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Candidates must have 12th passed or any Equivalent examination in arts stream with minimum 45%marks from a recognized university are eligible for Studying Geography Honours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?