21st August 2017, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Is my engineering qualification with failed/ATKT valid for further education?

I want to pursue 1st year engineering admission on the basis of 12th but by parallel I have joined 10+2 diploma course but there I have failed 1st semester. Now I have to end it and pursue engineering admission for 1st year. Will engineering institute accept failed/ATKT remark transfer certificate of diploma for pursuing 1st year engineering admission?

22nd August 2017, 10:59 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is my engineering qualification with failed/ATKT valid for further education?

Sorry to inform you that no engineering institute will accept failed/ATKT remarks transfer certificate of diploma to offer new admission into 1st year engineering.
Since you have completed 10+2 (science stream,I guess) then on the basis of your 10+2 standard you can apply for engineering entrance examination which is conducted under both State council and National council, qualifying in which you can take admission in good colleges for pursuing B.Tech degree course.
Also 10+2 Science stream qualified candidates can take lateral entry admission to direct in 2nd year of 3 years diploma engineering course by qualifying entrance examination conducted for those candidates willing to take lateral entry admission to diploma course after completing 10+2 standard.
22nd August 2017, 08:55 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Is my engineering qualification with failed/ATKT valid for further education?

As per my knowledge you are not eligible to pursue further education. Firstly you should clear your 1st semester examination. Any university does not allow students who have backlogs or failed. To get admission you must have to clear it.
24th August 2017, 12:13 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, none of the Engineering College will accept any kind of failed certificate to provide admission in first year of Engineering course on the basis of Diploma. So, you cannot get admission through this process.
Since you have completed your class 12th education, you can get admission on the basis of plus 2 qualification.
You must have completed your class 12th studying PCM as a subject combination and must have scored above 50% marks to be eligible for Engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?