21st August 2017, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in sound engineering course

Hi, I completed 12th and waiting for the result and like to join sound engineering course in good college but I am a pure science student and I need best guidance for joining in sound engineering college.

Related Questions:
  1. Need details of Diploma course in Sound Engineering and Sound Recording?
  2. How to get admission in FTII for sound engineering course?
  3. How can I join sound engineering?
  4. Procedure to do PG Diploma in Sound Engineering from FTII, Pune?
  5. Where to study sound technology in India? What is the procedure for admission in those institutes?
  6. Information about complete procedure of entrance exam, syllabus and availability of seat for M.Tech in Sound Engineering at FTII?
  7. Is Sound Engineering suitable for arts stream student? Which is the best institute for sound engineering in India?
  8. Can I join in sound degree engineering after passing in E&TC diploma engineering course? How much is the fees in sound engineering course?
  9. How to join Sound Engineering course after studying electrical and electronics engineering
  10. Courses which are being offered in FTII for sound recording and sound design? How to prepare for it and which books to refer?
  11. How to become a good sound engineer? What is the qualification for Sound Engineering?
  12. Sound ideas academy (SIA) Mumbai, is it college for doing sound engineering course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How is it to do Master's in Sound Engineering after B.E.?
  14. Can I do both B.Sc and B.Tech in Sound Engineering? Which college provides such courses?
  15. Sound recording and sound design at FTII eligibility for Electrical and Electronics Btech Engineers?
  16. Possibility to study B.E. in Sound Engineering for Mechanical student?
  17. What is the scope for sound engineering?
  18. Admission procedure for computer engineering course in 2018 -- [New]
22nd August 2017, 10:48 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in sound engineering course

A candidate who have completed 10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as his/her main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board is eligible for the aforesaid course.
In order to take admission to pursue this course, you must have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination which is conducted under National council as well as under State council.After qualifying the entrance examination, you will be able to take admission into some of the good colleges to pursue Sound Engineering course.
Below I have listed some name of the colleges which offer this course:
>Zee Institute of Media Arts
Address: 3, Ashqui Bunglow, Shashtri Nagar 1st lane, Opp. HDFC Bank, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri(WEST), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Phone: 022 2630 2937
>Film and Television Institute of India
Address: No.11, Telephone Exchange, Law College Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
Phone: 020 2543 3016
>Deviprasad Goenka Management Institute Of Media Studies
Address: Rajasthani Sammelan Educational Campus S V Road,, Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400064
Phone: 022 6681 2351
22nd August 2017, 04:56 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing sound (audio) engineering:-
Interested students must have completed their +2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics from any recognized board.

Students have to pursue 2 years long Diploma course in Sound Engineering. You can get jobs as an assistant or technician in starting. After few years of experience you may get sound engineer’s post. The great job provider in this field is the entertainment industry and various music studios.

Colleges which offer this course are:-
FTII, Pune
SRFTI, Kolkata
The Harmonics School of Audio Technology, Hyderabad
M.G.R. Government Film and Television Institute, Chennai
The School of Audio Engineering, Chennai.

Few of the institutes may conduct their own entrance examinations and aptitude tests.
24th August 2017, 12:20 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very glad to hear that you want to pursue Sound Engineering course in your Graduation.
Candidates those who want to pursue Sound Engineering course after the completion of class 12th, must have to complete class 12th Board examination with a minimum of 50% marks in it. Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination in class 12th.
Candidates must have to qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the State Council or National Council to get admission in different Colleges offering the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?