22nd October 2016, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Is my son eligible for MBBS KCET, if he studied from 1st to 10th in Kerala?

Sir, I wanted to know that my son is eligible for KCET or not? My husband is born and brought up in Karnataka, his education MBBS and MD everything is from Karnataka but he is working in Kerala. My son studied from 1st to 10th in Kerala. Now, his 1st PUC and 2nd PUC in Karnataka. Please let me know, if my son is eligible for KCET?

Related Questions:
25th October 2016, 08:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my son eligible for MBBS KCET, if he studied from 1st to 10th in Kerala?

First thing I would like to know you that all the medical entrance examination like AIPMT, IPU CET, BHU PMT and all other state PMTs or CET held for admission in MBBS and BDS degree courses has been replaced by a single national level entrance examination known as NEET and hence KCET will not be required for admission in MBBS degree course.

--> NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held by CBSE following the pattern and syllabus of AIPMT. Also the minimum requirement for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India and so in your case the citizenship of Kerala or Karnataka does not matters for appearing in this examination.

* Your age must lie within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to seek admission in the 1st year of your undergraduate degree course.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

For more details and updates regarding NEET you can log on its official link www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?