15th September 2015, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study Economics in 12th for doing B.Com Honours in DU?

I have not studied Economics in 12th. Can i still do B.Com Honours in DU?

Related Questions:
  1. Economics honours or B.Com honours which is best? Scope after both the courses?
  2. How to study in economics after passing 12th examination? What is the minimum marks required to study economics honors
  3. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  4. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
  5. Comparison between B.Com and B.Com Honours with or without CA
  6. Possibility to study Economics Honours for a candidate who has completed 12th without Mathematics?
  7. Which course should I prefer BBA (economics honours) or B.COM (economics honours)?
  8. Is it worthy doing M.Sc Economics honours after B.Sc Economics honours?
  9. Can I do B.Com Honors or BA Honors in Economics having not opted for Maths in 12th class?
  10. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Economics) in Calcutta University if secured 79.25% in 12th?
  11. Is it necessary to study Economics in 12th for doing B.Com Honours in DU? -- [New]
  12. Science student can study Economics honours?
  13. Can I do Economics honours without Maths in 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which is better to study in B.A. Honours among Political Science and Economics?
  15. Does St Xavier's Calcutta offers B.Com without honours for non maths students?
  16. Scope of Economics general instead of Economics honours from CU?
  17. Is B.Com hons better than B.A honors?
  18. Which would be better B.Com or B.A. Economic honours? Difference between both? How to prepare for entrance exams of colleges?
15th September 2015, 11:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Economics in 12th for doing B.Com Honours in DU?

No, it is not necessary to study the Economics in the 10+2 to pursue the B.Com honours degree from the Delhi university.

The eligibility to get the admission in the different colleges of the university is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board with the Mathematics as the main subject. Other than this the aggregate in the best four is taken to calculate the cut off if there is change in the stream there is deduction of 2.5% from the best four subject.

To get the information in detail about the university admission procedure visit at the www.du.ac.in.
16th September 2015, 12:04 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Economics in 12th for doing B.Com Honours in DU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have not studied Economics in 12th. Can i still do B.Com Honours in DU?
First of all to tell about B.com Honors it is a under graduate course and is of 3 years duration consisting of 6 semesters in it. To pursue this course there are qualifications which are needed to be satisfied and they include such as, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education which can be state board, matriculation or CBSE.

The main thing to be noted is that you should have completed +2 with at least 55% aggregate and finished it with either accountancy, economics, business studies or mathematics as subjects in order to be eligible.

Even if you have not studied economics it is not a big problem if you have studied any of the other subjects or else you are not eligible for doing the course.
16th September 2015, 12:15 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, no doubt you are eligible to pursue you the B.Com even though you have not studied the Economics in the 10+2.

As the admission in the India's best university is on the basis of the cut off of 10+2 aggregate. The eligibility to get the admission in the B.Com is:-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board and have mathematics as the main subject in the board examination.

There is no limitation for the gap year candidates and relaxation on the cut off marks for the reserved category candidates. But if there is change is change in the stream then the there will be deduction of 10 marks from the best four subject.

For more information regarding the admission procedure or for the other details visit at the www.du.ac.in.
16th September 2015, 12:59 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the B.Com honors which is a three year course in the Delhi university.

But the admission is now closed for the current session. So you have to wait for the next session. The eligibility to get the admission in the B.Com is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have the mathematics as the main subject in the board examination according to the new guidelines.

So you are eligible to get the admission in the university without economics but it is necessary to have mathematics as main subject. The other information for the admission is available at the official website of the Delhi university www.du.ac.in.
16th February 2017, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Do i need economics in 12th for b.com in DU?
And what are the basic subjects required for admission in DU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?