5th September 2016, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Nutrition and dietician courses and where to study?

I have completed my 12th in 1992 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and maths then Chemistry hons from DU in 1995. Now being a housewife I want to do something of my interest that is dietician and nutrition course. Please tell me how many days I have to go for the classes and where?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job as a Dietician after completing masters of Arts?
  2. How to do masters in nutrition and dietician course
  3. List of colleges and universities where I can apply for masters in nutrition and dietician?
  4. Can I do MSc in Nutrition after completing BSc from Zoology? i am interested in Nutrition and dietitian -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I do Nutrition Dietician course in IGNOU after B.A in Philosophy (H)?
  6. Date of the entrance exam for admission in MSc Dietician and Nutrition course? Details about the subjects and the books to be referred?
  7. Am I eligible to do dietician internship in a good hospital? I have completed my BSc Homescience
  8. What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D in Nutrition in AIIMS?
  9. How to become a dietician after completing 12th standard? What is the criteria to become a dietician?
  10. How to do Ph.D online after completing MSc Nutrition and Dietetics course
  11. M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics is a good option to become a nutritionist?
  12. How to do MSc dietician or PG course after completing B.Tech in Food Technology
  13. Which further courses are available in Ahmedabad for M.Sc. degree holders in food and nutrition?
  14. What is the procedure followed to do M.Sc in nutrition and dietetics in distance education?
  15. Date of the entrance test for admission in MSc Dietitian and Nutrition course? Best books to be referred?
  16. What kind of job opportunities do I have after doing BSc in Nutrition? I am 35 years old
  17. Any job available for me after completing M.Sc (Resource Management) in Home Science?
  18. List of universities to study Ph.D in food and nutrition -- [New]
6th September 2016, 12:56 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Nutrition and dietician courses and where to study?

First of all I want to congratulate you that after so many years you want to fulfil your dream. That is really appreciative. There are universities and institutes in India who offers different courses in dietetics and nutrition.
1. B.bsc in food science and nutrition
2. M.sc in nutrition
3. Pg diploma in nutrition and dietetics
For you there are m.so and pg diploma course will be better because you are a graduate. Duration of PG diploma course is one year and for m.sc it is 2 years. Admission to these courses will be made on the basis of merit. In some institutions you have to give exam for taking admission. These are some institution who offers these courses.
• osmania university
• university of Delhi (institute of home economics)
• national institute of nutrition, Heydrabad
• university of Madras(PG diploma)
• Marathwada university
• university of Mysore
• GB pant university of agriculture and technology
• university of Mumbai
• SNDT university
• Guru Nanak Dev university
• Tamilnadu Dr.MGR medical university
• Madurai kamraj university
• Sri Ramchandra Medical college and research institute
For timing you have to contact these institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?