22nd October 2016, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Is Ph.D from IGNOU considered by UGC and other universities for job?

I want to do PhD in English literature 2016 from IGNOU, but will it be considered by UGC and can I do job in any college or university? Also I want to know the duration of completing Ph.D and IGNOU will provide me guide or not? How much money I have to spend. Please clear my confusion.

22nd October 2016, 03:31 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is Ph.D from IGNOU considered by UGC and other universities for job?

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University & one the best open university in India. IGNOC is approved by UGC & its courses. Once you complete your academic year can apply for jobs in private as well as government. You can also apply for the job in different universities.
The duration of course would be minimum around 2 years & definitely IGNOU will provide you study material to prepare yourself.
You need to spend roughly INR 10000 to 15000 per year. Below I have mentioned the contact details of IGNOU for your reference.

Contact - 011- 29534229, 29534326 & 2258 8851
23rd October 2016, 11:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Ph.D from IGNOU considered by UGC and other universities for job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do PhD in English literature 2016 from IGNOU, but will it be considered by UGC and can I do job in any college or university? Also I want to know the duration of completing Ph.D and IGNOU will provide me guide or not? How much money I have to spend. Please clear my confusion.
Ph.D degree from UGC is recognized. After completion of Ph.D course, you can apply for government college or University.

Your masters degree marks must above 55%.

Duration of this course from IGNOU is 2 to 5 years. Fees for this course is 2,50,000/-.
23rd October 2016, 02:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely pursuing Ph.D from IGNOU is considered by UGC and the courses.
IGNOU is an open University and is approved by the Government of India as an autonomous organisation, so there must not be any difficulty for the Government as well private jobs in further.
The duration of the course of Ph.D from IGNOU is of 2 years.
To get the details about fee expenses, it will b better to contact to the University.
16th October 2018, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope of registration for guideship ?If yes then how to apply?Some students are asking me that is there any scope to do m.phil as well as ph.d in IGNOU?please reply.
22nd July 2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

How & where a candidate of Ph.D. can complete his course ? on study center or any other place ,is it on saturday-sunday ?
9th September 2021, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Would like to apply for PhD in English Language teaching will I be provided with the guide.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?