1st March 2018, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study LLB course for BA(Sociology) graduate? List of Distance Colleges in Karnataka?

I am a working professional; I have completed my B.A. in Sociology. I want to pursue LLB in distance learning. So this is possible for me or not? I want to know about the colleges situated in Karnataka.

10th March 2018, 05:59 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study LLB course for BA(Sociology) graduate? List of Distance Colleges in Karnataka?

Yes, there is a possibility for BA (Sociology) candidates to pursue LLB course through distance learning. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for Bachelor of Law course.

<> The minimum qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 45% marks or more than that.

<> Yes, there are some of the colleges that are offering LLB in distance learning and they are as follows.

@ Karnataka State Open University
Ph. No: 0821 251 9952
https://ksoumysore.edu.in/

@ National Law School of India University
Ph. No: 080 2321 3160
http://www.nls.ac.in/

@ Distance Education Bangalore
Ph. No: 097390 77186
http://www.distanceeducationbangalore.innosys.co.in/

@ University Law College and Department of Studies in Law ..etc.,
Ph. No: 080 2339 2384
http://www.ulcbangalore.com/
11th March 2018, 12:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study LLB course for BA(Sociology) graduate? List of Distance Colleges in Karnataka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a working professional; I have completed my B.A. in Sociology. I want to pursue LLB in distance learning. So this is possible for me or not? I want to know about the colleges situated in Karnataka.

Possibility to study LLB course for BA Sociology graduate is high. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible to apply for the LLB course. They have to clear an entrance examination for the admission to the LLB course. Duration of the LLB course is three years.
Candidates should study the LLB course in regular full time mode only. Bar Council of India (BCI) accords no recognition for BL / LLB through distance mode for practicing as an advocate. Therefore, one should study the LLB course in full time to practice as an advocate. Only full time LLB is eligible to practice in India.
11th March 2018, 02:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

LLB is Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year course. The required qualification to appear for entrance examination to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

But, the Bar Council of India does not recognise distance learning in LLB. So, if you will take admission in institute offering the distance course, you will be not eligible for practice and for job on the basis of qualification.

So, it will be better to pursue from a recognised institute.
16th March 2018, 09:59 AM
iamssuhana

Yes, can do LLB.You can do LLB through distance education through regular program.but If you want to be a lawyer, LLB through distance mode is not the genuine option as BCI does n't recognize any distance degree for LLb. Therefore, even if you managed to obtain one, you will not be able to practice in court with that degree. Good colleges are:
NLSIU Bangalore
Lovely Professioanl University
Kashmir University
DR Ambeddkar Law University, Tamil Nadu
BHU Banaras
JMI , Kalinga University, NALSAR Hydrabad,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?