15th January 2017, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a free seat in VIT University for pursuing a Degree course?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th now and after completing class 12th I want to pursue my studies from VIT University so I want to know is it possible to get a free seat in VIT University for pursuing a Degree course? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for the entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

18th January 2017, 01:46 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Post Re: Is it possible to get a free seat in VIT University for pursuing a Degree course?

The VIT University was established in 1984. Admission is based on VIEEE Exam conducted by VIT University. VITEEE exam is conducted in the month of April for admission of various courses. It is a computer based test with a 125 mark paper on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology. For this exam you can apply online at the official website of VIT University. In order to get admission in VIT University free seat, you must meet the cut off marks of the college which is set by the institution itself and it changes every year.

Yes, it possible to get a free seat in VIT University for pursuing a Degree course. But you must scored very good rank to get the free seat in VIT university.

VIT University offers following types of the programs:

School of Mechanical and Building Sciences (SMBS)
Postgraduate Programmes
School of Computing Sciences and Engineering (SCSE)
School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE)
School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
VIT Business School (VIT BS)

For more information you can contact at given address-

VIT University
Vellore-632 014
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411

Email: [email protected]

Official website- www.vit.ac.in
28th January 2017, 05:09 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: Is it possible to get a free seat in VIT University for pursuing a Degree course?

First of all, let me tell you that there is no concept of a free seat in any university, let alone a reputed one like VIT.
The idea or the concept behind a free seat is that there are a few people(the top 100) mostly as per the ranks of the VITEEE i.e the VIT entrance exam, who go onto to get a significant discount in their fees for the first year.
This does not mean that they get a free education. The top 10 get a 100% discount, 11-25 75% discount and so on.
But this discount is only applicable on the tuition fees of VIT.
Given that there a lot of things apart from tuition fees that all colleges/universities charge, thus the reduced fee even for the top 10, is reduction in a portion of the fees.

Having said that it can be a huge relief for some because the tuition fees itself is hefty for private institutions like VIT.
21st December 2019, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to get a free seat in VIT University for pursuing a Degree course?

WILL I GET A FREE SEAT IF I QUALIFY VITEEE.IS THE COUNSELLING PROCESSING FEE MANDATORY TO ALL WHO QUALIFY VITEEE.
7th August 2020, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

I did completed my b.e computer science engineering in 2012. I want To STUDY m.e in vit, IM a very poor FAMILY, i want a low fees and good PG course.please guide me what i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?