6th June 2011, 12:55 AM
syno

Which is better, VIT or NIT?

i am getting 9913 rank in aieee and already atended the vit councelling and found it to be better than many nits but iam still confused which is better vit or nit since vit is also now a deemed university

6th June 2011, 06:22 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Which is better, VIT or NIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syno View Post
i am getting 9913 rank in aieee and already atended the vit councelling and found it to be better than many nits but iam still confused which is better vit or nit since vit is also now a deemed university
Which is batter VIT or NIT

National Institute of Technology (NIT) is a government college while

Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is a top private college. According to

me NIT will be best for you. After completing B.Tech course from NIT you

will get a good job and a handsome salary. VIT is also a good college

but if your rank in AIEEE is 9913 then i think that NIT is the best for you.

VIT is a deemed university but NIT is a government college and it is a

famous college. Every student who appear in AIEEE wants to get NIT

college. So i think that NIT will be best for you.

If you are in confusion then i advise you to attend in the AIEEE

counselling and choose a good NIT college and after this take admission

in that college. Don't miss this chance....

I wish you will get a bright future....

Regards
~Mukul~
6th June 2011, 09:45 PM
goldin

My point of view NIT is good to study. there will be experienced staff members than VIT.
19th June 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I got aieee2011 rank 13227. also I got in vit velloore mechanical engineering. My preference is mechanical and related branches. can i take the risk of giving up vit admission and try for a good nit like trichy.
pl advise as the the last date of payment of fees in vit is 23rd june.
28th June 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

You can get good nit .. And some nit are better than vit so i think nit will be good choice.
2nd July 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
VIT is far better than many of the NITs...It has got excellent faculties and an uncomparable infrastructure. But its a private institute as you know; other than that VIT is far better an option.
16th July 2011, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

hw many seats in b.tech(civil) through jelet????????
21st July 2011, 11:39 PM
boisterioussid

Smile Re: Which is better, VIT or NIT?

Quote:

Nothing except the IIT's are better than the NIT's and at this rank,you will get a top ranked NIT along with a good branch...also,the fee in NIT's is also much less in comparision to VIT but that is not the matter,so,i suggest you to rather switch of to the NIT's.believe me,it will be a better option for you....
ALL THE BEST!!
10th August 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have scored 50% marks in 10 2. Am i eligible for vit.
10th August 2011, 11:13 PM
sachin200792

NIT's are government institutes while VIT is one of the top private engineering colleges but it does not have as much recognition or reputation as NIT's have as being the government colleges. You will get a good salary and better pay scales from NIT's rather than if you do your engineering from VIT. Having a rank as good as 9913 in AIEEE you can have a good branch and a good college under NIT's. Most of the students appear for the AIEEE exam to get admissions into NIT's which are the best opportunities that a student could have after qualifying AIEEE with a good rank. You should certainly take advantage of your opportunity. VIT will you be much costlier to you in the sense of fee structure also. You can also opt for VIT if you are not able to have a branch of your particular interest in NIT's while you are getting it in VIT. But you should not miss your opportunity and you should preferably try for NIT's only.
11th August 2011, 08:28 AM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which is better, VIT or NIT?

Vellore Institute Of Technology

Quote:
Its true that you have found out That- VIT is Better Than Many other NIT's but remember, NIT's have got this National Recognition, And Serves as a Much Better Option Regarding Exposure, Placements, Experienced Faculty, et al..
Moreover with a rank of 9913, You can sure land up in some Good NIT, So its better you Go for It for your Secure Future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
VIT is far better than many of the NITs...It has got excellent faculties and an uncomparable infrastructure. But its a private institute as you know; other than that VIT is far better an option.
VIT is far better than many of the NITs...It has got excellent faculties and an uncomparable infrastructure!
I can agree with the former Part of yours, But when it comes to the Latter one, I guess you are Simply Wrong. Because The Next Excellent Faculties Right after IIT's come the NIT's. And i guess you are not aware of this fact.

I shall Blindly have to agree with you when it comes to VIT's Infrastructure ( MINDBLOWING!!!

Central Library

Night View

Quote:
sir,i have scored 50% marks in 10 2. Am i eligible for vit.
VIT Eligibility:

♦ Must be an Indian National.
♦ A pass percentage in 10+2, With 60% avg. in PCM (Gen) & 50%(for SC/ST)

Guess You Got your Answer!!!

Regards,

Nik
4th September 2011, 12:00 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friends ,

the college is good or bad is depends on what type of placements it gives .

actually a rank of engineering colleges is depends on the placements and infrastructure.

nit's are the best technological institutes in india.
vit is the private university.

according to me nit's are always better and preferable than vit .
ranks of vit may be greater than some newly open nit's but the old nit's are better than vit university.

to know more about the nit's and their admission procedure kindly visit the website www.ccb.nic.in

thanks
15th November 2011, 03:18 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

counselling
7th December 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

dude face it NIT's are simply way better than VIT,specially NIT surathkal,waranagal,trichy,svnit,mnit,etc.i mean c'mon half the people in VIT have got admission admission through donations,lol.There is no such thing is NITs,admission is only via merit in aieee.The infrastrusture may be way better in VIT but when it comes to faculty and placements NIT's aren't comparable to VIT at all.
6th May 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

will i get computer science after having a rank 10800 in viteee? please please please reply....
15th May 2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

i got 17903 rank(so,cant get admission to good branches,isnt it?) in VITEEE,expecting to get 150 marks in AIEEE.Should i join VIT or wait for results of AIEEE??i m in a big dilemma....plz do reply soon sir,its matter of my career..
15th May 2012, 08:42 PM
ab7777

Quote:
will i get computer science after having a rank 10800 in viteee? please please please reply....
http://www.vit.ac.in/viteee12_counsellingstatus.htm

As you can see, all the computer science seats are gone in the vellore campus.
However, you still have a chance in the chennai campus as there are 221 seats available.

Keep checking the counselling status at http://www.vit.ac.in/

Good luck to you
15th May 2012, 09:35 PM
BIKARANT RAI

hi friends,
Which is better, VIT or NIT?

NIT's are government institutes while VIT is one of the top private engineering colleges but it does not have as much recognition or reputation as NIT's have as being the government colleges. You will get a good salary and better pay scales from NIT's rather than if you do your engineering from VIT. Having a rank as good as 9913 in AIEEE you can have a good branch and a good college under NIT's. Most of the students appear for the AIEEE exam to get admissions into NIT's which are the best opportunities that a student could have after qualifying AIEEE with a good rank. You should certainly take advantage of your opportunity. VIT will you be much costlier to you in the sense of fee structure also. You can also opt for VIT if you are not able to have a branch of your particular interest in NIT's while you are getting it in VIT. But you should not miss your opportunity and you should preferably try for NIT's only.

thanks
17th May 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

sir which is better electronics engg in vit orthe same in nit durgapur......
22nd May 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

how is Computer science engineering campus at Chennai VIT campus? how is the faculty? more importnt, many stories about drugs in Vellore and chennai campuses are doing rounds,. How true is it?
23rd May 2012, 02:25 AM
ab7777

Quote:
how is Computer science engineering campus at Chennai VIT campus? how is the faculty? more importnt, many stories about drugs in Vellore and chennai campuses are doing rounds,. How true is it?
Computer science engineering (CSE) students study the design of digital hardware and software systems including communications systems, computers and devices that contain computers.

Chennai VIT campus is not as good as the original and authentic VIT Vellore campus. The chennai campus is newly established whereas the Vellore counterpart has been there in the education scene for decades now.

The reviews for VIT Chennai by the students themselves are not positive(i have a few friends there) though it is said that VIT university has transferred its faculty from Vellore to Chennai this year in order to get Chennai campus going.

About your concern for drugs, I would like to tell you that it happens everywhere, and it depends on an individual to do the right stuff or indulge in wrong..If you think it will not affect you, then you should not worry abt such things and just focus on your studies there.
Finding good company and circle of friends will help you be in the right direction always.

Good luck
3rd June 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I ve opted for cs at vit vellore and i found the placements really better than tge nits are offering.. I m expecting 210 in eee.. Which is better..?
11th June 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

SIR, I ATTENDED VIT COUNSELLING THIS TIME & CHOOSEN MECHANICAL BRANCH....ALSO, I GOT 23,000 RANK IN AIEEE.......NOW, FACING A DILEMMA....WHETHER TO GO FOR AIEEE COUNSELLING OR FLY OVER TO VIT????
ANY KIND OF HELP WILL B GREATLY APPRECIATED......
12th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i hv bn enrolled in chennai vit for civil engg. bt i hv to pay my fees till 15th june<my b'day>..bt i just got my aieee 2012 result with AIR 9075..AND STATE RANK ABOUT 1000....WHAT SHOULD I DO...SHOULD I ATTEND THE NIT COUNSELLING...OR PAY VIT FEES???????????PLEASE HELP I HV JUST 3 DAYS LEFT...
14th June 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir i hv bn enrolled in chennai vit for civil engg. bt i hv to pay my fees till 15th june<my b'day>..bt i just got my aieee 2012 result with AIR 9075..AND STATE RANK ABOUT 1000....WHAT SHOULD I DO...SHOULD I ATTEND THE NIT COUNSELLING...OR PAY VIT FEES???????????PLEASE HELP I HV JUST 3 DAYS LEFT...
First of all, CONGRATZ!!!!!!4 such outstanding per4mance in AIEEE.....hey dude, NITs r much, much, much better than VIT......with air 9075, u may get into svnit, manit,,, and other gr8 institutes like DA-IICT(im also goin there)....besides, VIT is much costly as compared to NITs.....Try 2 contact VIT students and u'll come 2 know dat VIT is SHIT!!!!!......giv Vit a damn and head to NIT or other GOOD colleges.....ALL THE BEST!!!!!!
14th June 2012, 10:20 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear,
Which is batter VIT or NIT[/B][/U][/COLOR]

thanks
24th June 2012, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

Which shud one prefer from durgapur nit and vit ?
31st October 2012, 11:52 PM
manas.1989

4th December 2012, 04:50 PM
ashis.career

Regards

ASHIS
14th January 2013, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

I am appearing 12th exam in march can I apply in VIT
27th May 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

are there students in vit who have cleared gre or gmat ?
19th July 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i got admission in b tech (eee) in vit chennai, as per college class started fm 4th july. i unablle to get hostel accomdn. plz answer my 2 question. 1. can i get private hostel near to chennai campus ,2.i am going to report college on 25th july, almost 20 days late what will happen plz help me
26th August 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Which is better BITs Hydrabad or VIT
28th April 2014, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i have got 91 percent in cbse board and 243 marks in jee main. which nit i can get, preferably computer science or any other good branch in top nits
3rd May 2014, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

sir,i hv jst given the mains exam...and expect a rank on nearly 19000(nineteen thousand)but have a grace of category...so want to ask u...if I will be able to get admission to any of the nit's..eg nit Nagpur or say any other...waiting for reply.
5th May 2014, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I have got 180 marks in Jee main and 91% marks in CBSE board. What are my chances in old nit's. I have also got 3000 rank in VIT. Should I OPT Computer Sc. and Engineering in VIT.

pl reply soon.

Sumit yadav
9th May 2014, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i have secured 42 marks in jee main,i have also selected in vit and my 12th bord % is approx.84then is there possible chance to get good nit college or i should have to take adms in other colge plzz suggest me and also tell me colleg name either it would be private or gov.
1st June 2014, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 92% in cbse board but in jee mains 134 marks, so i should go for nit counselling or to choose vit( air -12097 )
23rd February 2015, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I got 90 percent in ipe and 180 marks in jee mains and i also go 5000 rank in vit what should i prefer nit or vit
29th April 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

my daughter has got 153 in jee mains and expects around 90 percentage in cbse. She has got 3900 rank in vit . we belong to general category. will she get a good nit
26th June 2016, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Mam nit is better than vit. It's easy to get in vit. And fees in nit is much lesser than vit. And nit provides good technology also. I am also a former student of SVNIT and campus was superb.
5th May 2023, 01:31 AM
rbagdiya1

Both VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) and NIT (National Institute of Technology) are prestigious institutions in India and offer high-quality education in various fields. Both institutions have their own strengths and areas of expertise, and the choice of which one is better depends on the individual's specific needs and preferences.

VIT is a private university that offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various fields such as engineering, management, science, law, and humanities. VIT is known for its state-of-the-art infrastructure, international collaborations, and industry partnerships. It also has a strong focus on research and innovation and offers ample opportunities for students to pursue research projects and internships.

NIT, on the other hand, is a group of public engineering institutes that offer undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering and technology. NITs are known for their academic rigor, excellent faculty, and research facilities. They also have strong industry partnerships and offer good placement opportunities to students.

When it comes to academic reputation, NITs are generally considered to be on par with the top engineering colleges in India, while VIT has been consistently ranked among the top private universities in India. However, the quality of education and facilities may vary between individual institutes, and it is important to consider factors such as location, program offerings, faculty, research opportunities, and placement records before making a decision.

Ultimately, the choice between VIT and NIT depends on the individual's preferences and priorities. Both institutions offer excellent opportunities for students to pursue their academic and professional goals and can provide a strong foundation for a successful career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?