13th December 2017, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Same GATE scorecard can be used for admission in two different colleges?

If I take admission in state government college on the basis of 2017 gate score. In the next year if I wish to apply for another college like NIT? The same score can be used?

14th December 2017, 07:27 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Same GATE scorecard can be used for admission in two different colleges?

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to use the same score card of GATE 2017 examination in the next year also, as there is no such provision for it.
Since, you have qualified in the year of 2017, you can get admission in respective colleges based on the score card of 2017. In order to apply for some colleges in 2018, you again have to appear and qualify in the GATE examination of 2018.
14th December 2017, 09:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Same GATE scorecard can be used for admission in two different colleges?

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE is online entrance examination for admission in Master of Engineering or Technology. The validity of GATE scorecard is for three years.

So, you can use GATE scorecard for admission in two different colleges without any doubt.
14th December 2017, 10:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Examination conducting authority: Indian Institute of Technology or IISC.

Academic qualification for this examination: Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized university.

Validity of GATE scorecard: It is valid for three years. With same GATE scorecard, you can apply for admission in different colleges.
15th December 2017, 09:49 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you can not use score card of GATE 2017 in next year to take admission in NIT. You must have to appear for GATE 2018 and qualify in it so that you could take admission in NIT on the basis of Gate 2018 score card. However you can apply for admission in two different colleges on the basis of same score card of 2017 in the same year only and also you have take admission in either one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?