8th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in Common Proficiency Test to join ICAI being a B.Com Accountancy graduate?

Hello, I am B.Com Accountancy graduate with 64% marks. I want to join ICAI program. But I don’t know that I have to give Common Proficiency Test or not? Because CPT is for 12th passed candidate or for Graduates, I don’t know.

14th April 2018, 11:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in Common Proficiency Test to join ICAI being a B.Com Accountancy graduate?

No, you don't have to appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT) for joining in ICAI course after completion of your B.Com (Accountancy) course with 64% aggregate marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 55% aggregate marks from a Government recognised university are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly register for IPCC i.e., second level of CA course.
15th April 2018, 05:39 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in Common Proficiency Test to join ICAI being a B.Com Accountancy graduate?

To take admission in ICAI course, you should have to appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT). Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in CPT examination. Candidates those who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Commerce stream with at least 55% aggregate or in Non-Commerce stream with at least 60% aggregate marks from a Government recognised university are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly register for IPCC level of CA course.
15th April 2018, 10:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your B.Com in Accountancy with 64% marks so there is no need to clear CPT ( Common Proficiency ) in order to progress for IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ) i.e; stage second of ICAI program as any candidate securing 55% marks in his/her bachelor degree in commerce stream are eligible to apply for IPCC directly by skipping CPT.

For more details regarding ICAI program, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
17th April 2018, 01:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have completed you B.Com degree course with above 55% of marks in it, you don't need to appear in the CPT examination at this instant. You can directly go for IPCC part as you are eligible for direct IPCC examination.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Com course from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible for direct IPCC examination skipping the CPT part.
18th April 2018, 06:55 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you need not appear in Common Proficiency Test.

As per ICAI rule, Graduates of Commerce with minimum 55% marks can directly take admission in IPCC stage and other graduates with 60% marks can take admission in IPCC stage.

So, you already have Graduation with 64% marks, you can directly eligible for IPCC.

After the completion of IPCC you can eligible for CA final course.

For more information you can visit at www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?