8th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to become a Chartered Accountant if secured 43% in Graduation?

I have joined IPCC course and I want to become a Chartered Accountant. But unfortunately I have secured only 43% in my Graduation. I did B.Com in Accountancy. So, it create problem for me to achieve my aim?

Related Questions:
15th April 2018, 04:17 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to become a Chartered Accountant if secured 43% in Graduation?

No, it will not be difficult to become a Chartered Accountant even if you have secured 43% aggregate marks in your graduation. But, it will be better to have at least 55% aggregate marks in your graduation, so, that you will be exempted from appearing in CPT examination and you can directly register for IPCC. Since, you have only 43% aggregate marks in your graduation, you have to appear in CPT examination to get admission for pursuing Chartered Accountant course.
15th April 2018, 08:33 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to become a Chartered Accountant if secured 43% in Graduation?

To become a Chartered Accountant after completion of your graduation with 43% aggregate marks, you have to appear in CPT examination. The CA course was tough and you have to study hard to qualify the CA course. So, if you study hard same like your graduation course, definitely you will face difficulties to complete the CA course.
18th April 2018, 07:11 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do CA after graduation but you have to clear CA CPT then only you can get to the next stage of CA.

As you have scored only 43% marks which will not make you eligible for CA IPCC directly.

There is a rule of CA course that if one got Graduation in Commerce with 55% or Graduation in non-commerce with 60% can directly apply for CA IPCC.

If Graduation percentage doesn't fulfill above criteria then you have to appear for CA CPT which is based on 10+2.

So as for now you have to start preparation for CPT which will be like an entrance exam for joining CA IPCC.

For more information you can visit at www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?