8th January 2018, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I drop engineering and take admission in MBBS?

Can I drop engineering in 2nd year because I want to do MBBS. Do I have any chance? I want to take NEET coaching and I want to continue with MBBS. Can I?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?
  2. Admission on the basis of 12th marks(81%) for engineering or MBBS,BDS?
  3. What should I do to get admission in MBBS?
  4. Eligibility to appear in all MBBS entrance exam next year for a year dropped student? Is there any difference in admission for such students? Whether they are considered equivalent to others?
  5. What are the options other than MBBS and BDS after completing 12th?
  6. Should I drop a year to study MBBS in Abroad being a 12th candidate?
  7. Will there be any course in Post Graduation related to Engineering being a candidate of pursuing MBBS?
  8. Chances of admission in MBBS after Diploma in ECE stream?
  9. Admission in government Mahila Engineering College after scoring 14711 rank and 2713 in female category? Should I take a drop this year?
  10. How to get admission in MBBS, if my family is under economic crisis?
  11. Affect of 2 years drop post 12th after admission in engineering at Jadavpur University?
  12. Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?
  13. Being an engineering student if I get admission in MBBS will I have to pay the whole engineering course fee before quitting?
  14. Am I eligible to join MBBS after completion of B.Sc course? Will there be any career scope for me of doing this? How can I get admission for MBBS course in Mumbai University?
  15. How to take admission in MBBS after completing BSc Nursing?
  16. Can I get seat in MBBS colleges of Punjab with 337 marks in AIPMT? Should I take a year drop and prepare again?
  17. Should I take a drop year after 12th or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Admission in MBBS is through entrance exam or direct admission is possible?
8th January 2018, 04:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I drop engineering and take admission in MBBS?

You can drop engineering and prepare for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

But you must meet eligibility criteria for NEET exam.You should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject in 12th for NEET exam.

If you have not studied biology then you should not leave your engineering course. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required. The age limit for NEET exam is 17 -25 years.
8th January 2018, 07:55 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have Biology in 12th then only you are eligible to pursue MBBS otherwise not allowed.
But you have not declared about your subject in Intermediate. If you have only PCM in Intermediate then you are not eligible to pursue MBBS. As because Biology is important in 10+2.
8th January 2018, 08:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You should first know requirements for Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery course.

Academic qualification: Senior secondary board passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject. At least 50% marks in 12th exam is required.

Candidates who have studied Biology in 12th can only apply for MBBS exam called NEET. You can drop if you have studied Biology in 12th. NEET is all India entrance examination for MBBS and BDS admissions.
8th January 2018, 08:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and same is a professional bachelor degree course after completing one head towards becoming a doctor.

Further for pursuing MBBS degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Science stream with PCB/PCMB group from a recognized board of education.

Also for pursuing MBBS degree course across any medical college of India you need to qualify either NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

Now as far as you are concerned about whether you can pursue MBBS degree course by dropping your engineering degree course then I would like to let you know that you can certainly pursue MBBS degree if you satisfy the educational requirement for pursuing MBBSS degree course mentioned above regardless of any further qualification which you hold.
8th January 2018, 09:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can leave your engineering course for doing MBBS but let me tell you that the eligibility criteria is different for MBBS. For doing MBBS a candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board. If you have completed your 12th standard with PCMB, then definitely you can appear in the medical entrance test that is need in order to take seat in government or private college in the MBBS course. Add if the above eligibility criteria is not fulfilled by you then definitely have to continue in the engineering course only.
8th January 2018, 10:02 PM
ranu shahi

Yes, you can drop your engineering and start studying any other subject like MBBS, but always keep this in mind that if you had completed your higher secondary education means your 12th standard with PCB (physics, chemistry and biology), then you can not apply for NEET and can not pursue MBBS.

Eligibility criteria for NEET:-

Candidate have passed 12th examination with PCB as main subjects and have secured at least 50% marks(GEN), 40% marks(SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks(GEN PH) and 40% marks(SC/ST/OBC-PH).

Candidate's age must be minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years as on date of examination.
9th January 2018, 12:10 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can drop your Engineering course at this instant and can apply for MBBS course on the basis of class 12th qualification. But for that, you must have studied Biology as a subject in your class 12th in order to be eligible for MBBS course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in Science stream studying PCB as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MBBS course.
But, according to my opinion, you must not quit Engineering at this instant as you are in the second year of the course.
9th January 2018, 12:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I drop engineering in 2nd year because I want to do MBBS. Do I have any chance? I want to take NEET coaching and I want to continue with MBBS. Can I?

It is not recommended to drop from engineering and take admission to the MBBS course. You should have joined the MBBS course after completion of 10+2. Two years of engineering education will be wasted if you quit engineering course. For getting admission to the MBBS course, you have to clear NEET with good marks. Competition for the MBBS admission in India is very high. You have to prepare well to clear NEET with good marks in order to take admission in MBBS. You have to discuss your idea of joining MBBS with your family members and well wishers before taking any decision.
9th January 2018, 07:15 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can drop engineering and go for MBBS course if you are interested in it and can apply for NEET exam, but before doing so make sure that you have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at you higher secondary level and have secured a minimum aggregate marks of 50% in it.
Below I have listed eligibility criteria for NEET exam:
>Candidates must be Indian nationals, NRIs, OCIs, and Foreign nationals.
>Candidates must have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
>Age of the candidates must not be less than 17 years.
>Candidates can appear for a maximum of 3 times for the NEET exam.
9th January 2018, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed class 12th with biology, then surely you will be eligible for medical entrance exam for MBBS admission. There isn't any upper age limit for MBBS at private colleges, hence no issue.

You have to leave your engineering course and it will surely not help you in getting admission in a top medical college. You have to prepare entrance exam with biology as the main subject.
9th January 2018, 11:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't drop Engineering course and take admission in MBBS course. To be eligible to take admission in MBBS course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board and you have to appear in MBBS entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, etc., and participate in the counselling process. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to take admission in MBBS course.
9th January 2018, 11:15 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do MBBS after dropping engineering:-

Eligibility criteria for MBBS:-

- Candidate should be 17 years of age by 31st December of the year of admission.

- A candidate must pass 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and biology.

- A candidate must score minimum 60% marks in 12th.

- SC / St candidate must score minimum 50% marks in 12.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?