8th January 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Is there no scope for girls in Civil engineering?

Sir, my child is very interested in civil engineering and hence joined in JNTU Hyderabad, Kukatpally and she is intelligent also, but most of them asked me why should you join your child in civil group, there is no scope to get good jobs. Is it correct? Sir, please reply me.

Related Questions:
  1. Career scope of Civil Engineering course for Girls?
  2. What will be the scope for girls in Civil Engineering in India? Which kind of Companies offer Job Opportunities for Civil Engineers? What will be the basic salary for Freshers in this field? Carer scope for this course in Abroad?
  3. Is Civil Engineering suitable for Girls? Should I go for it or some other branch?
  4. Is Civil Engineering suitable for Girls? I have completed my 12th standard
  5. What is the scope of civil engineering after polytechnic for girls?
  6. What is the scope of civil engineering after Polytechnic for Girls?
  7. How to take Civil Engineering after completing 12th class? Is it suitable for girls
  8. Is there any scope for aircraft engineering for girls?
  9. Is Civil engineering good option for girl if I am good in Drawing?
  10. Which stream in Engineering has a better career scope for Girls?
  11. Does Textile Engineering holds good scope for girls? Work field for girls in this sector?
  12. Which stream should I choose between IP, CSE or Civil? Is there a scope in civil sector for girls?
  13. Can girls apply for any branch in engineering? Best branch for girls having good scope in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which engineering course has more scope for girls? Does BSc possess more score than engineering? Which engineering college is the best in Delhi?
  15. Do girls have any scope in Metallurgical Engineering? Colleges offering Metallugical Engineering? Is it a good course?
  16. Best Engineering branches for girls in descending order and their scope in placement?
  17. What are different job opportunities for girls in Civil engineering sector?
  18. Job opportunities with salary package for female Civil Engineer in Hyderabad?
8th January 2018, 03:45 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there no scope for girls in Civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my child is very interested in civil engineering and hence joined in JNTU Hyderabad, Kukatpally and she is intelligent also, but most of them asked me why should you join your child in civil group, there is no scope to get good jobs. Is it correct? Sir, please reply me.

There is huge scope for girls in Civil engineering. Girl candidates after completion of civil engineering can work in various government and private organizations. They can work in various office jobs in the civil field like analysis, tendering, designing, managing projects, coordination, etc. Many girl candidates are also working in many leading MNCs as site engineer, site inspector, QA/QC engineer, structural inspector, site architect engineer, project coordinator, project manager, etc. Therefore, girl students have good scope in the civil engineering field.
8th January 2018, 05:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Girls have joined many such fields, which were considered only men's profession. India is surely a male dominated country, but girls can also make a career in civil engineering without any doubt. It all depends on the mentality.

If you want your daughter to do a desk job, then civil engineering is not for her. Hence, take your decision based on your daughter's aim.
8th January 2018, 05:40 PM
khansuccess

No, there is nothing as such, these are all the sayings of a failure person, who has not been able to do anything on his/her own and therefore they spread these types of rumors. If your child is willing to get enrolled in Civil engineering course, do not stop her from doing it.

You will see it for yourself that she will do well if she is willing to study the degree. Both boy and girl have equal chance of attaining success, provided they should study well. There is nothing gender specific course.
8th January 2018, 06:45 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to me, your decision is good that you go with your ward's interest or will. And as you had mentioned in the thread that most of the person related to you is asking that, "why would you join your child in civil group?", then the only answer for this is; Still the society think that engineering is male dominating sector and female do not have that physique which resist the hard labour.

But i want to tell you that if your ward is interested to do this then this is the best field for your ward. And if your ward completed this course with full dignity and secured good marks then she will get good placements in MNCs.
8th January 2018, 08:56 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is number of jobs after civil engineering and there is no such criteria option by companies that they will prefer female candidates or male.

The top companies of civil engineering :-

L and T
DLF
Tata project
Gammon India
Sobha Developers Limited
Unitech
Punj Lloyd
Ayas Shilpa
Skyline Builders
Marg Limited
Metro Tunneling Group
Gannon Dunkerley and Company
Bridge and Roof Company

And also you can apply for the government based job after engineering graduation.
8th January 2018, 09:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

I must say that now a days girls are equally doing very well in each and every field and there is not such thing that there is no scope in civil engineering but rather there is lot of scope if she would able to qualify the government exams. When she will pass out her engineering course definitely she will get a problem in searching private jobs in companies but still she will get on the basis of her skill and percentage so you need not to worry about that and moreover let her prepare for the entrance exam because after completing her degree she will have lot of opportunity in appearing on the degree level exams in order to find government job. Moreover civil engineering students apply for various government exams and if qualified definitely they will get government job on the basis of highest salary.
9th January 2018, 09:29 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is huge scope in civil engineering for the girls after completing the graduation in civil engineering. Many job opportunities are there in vacancies PSU, state government jobs, Central Government jobs.
Nowadays all the PSU fill their vacancies of management trainee through GATE.
Every year UPSC also conducts Engineering services examination in 4 stream in which civil has more number of vacancies than other.
In many states girl candidate have a separate 30% reservation which is plus point For girls.
29th January 2018, 04:29 PM
sree2244

Its not correct there is no any difference to the gender in civil engineering you can happily study the stream of civil engineering course.There are lots of opportunities in MNC companies as well as government sectors also.
7th February 2018, 09:34 AM
chikkykranthi619

There is a great scope for civil engineering candidates it might be girl or a boy both have the equal number of opportunities.Only thing that it needed to be taken care is to have good subject knowledge and first class marks.
Civil engineering candidates can get jobs both in government sector as well as in private sector.
Government sector jobs includes:
-Banking
-Assistant Executive Engineer
-Executive Engineer.
-State Services examination etc.
In private sector:
-As a contractor
-Can get chance to work for MNC's etc.
So, don't worry it is a good option to choose civil engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?