31st March 2016, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Applied Psychology and Psychology?

I want to get admission in BA psychology. But before that i want to know about the difference between simple psychology and applied psychology. Please reply as soon as possible.

31st March 2016, 03:25 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Applied Psychology and Psychology?

Psychology is an academic study course.
Applied Psychology involve scientific study of mental processes and behaviour of animals and humans.
Psychology also refers to application of such knowledge to various spheres of human activity.
Applied Psychology is the use of Psychological principle and theories to overcome problems in various fields like product design, nutrition, business management, ergonomics, law and clinical medicine.
31st March 2016, 04:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The basic difference between psychology and applied psychology is given below:

Psychology is an applied discipline involving the scientific study of mental processes and behaviour of humans and animals. It helps to overcome the human problems like mental problems, mental illness and depression.

Applied psychology: Applied psychology is the use of psychological principles and theories too overcome practical problems in other fields such as business, product design, nutrition, law and clinical medicine.
31st March 2016, 07:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The basic difference between the two are mentioned below;

Psychology;

It is the study of mental processes and behaviors of humans and animals. The very basis of education is the study of perceptions, emotions, cognition, personality, behavior, etc.

The bottom line is that this study deals with the education imparting knowledge to various spheres of human activity.

Applied psychology;

Applied psychology on the other hand is very much different from the above mentioned. It is basically the studies of practical problems in other fields such as business management, product design, nutrition, law and clinical medicines,etc.

It basically includes the study area of Industrial, organizational psychology, forensic psychology, etc.
28th May 2017, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a Clinical Psychology. So what should I take Applied Psychology or just Psychology?
Please reply asap.
11th April 2018, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing BA Psychology Honors and want to do MA in Applied Psychology. Can you please tell me the difference and scope for Applied and Clinical Psychology and perhaps which is better to take for master's? I want to work in Corporate Sector and also with Autistic Children.
4th May 2020, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Why psychologist not agree on common description of psychology?
7th June 2020, 06:14 PM
HGK7

Psychology is an applied discipline involving the scientific study of mental processes and behaviour of humans and animals. It helps to overcome the human problems like mental problems, mental illness and depression.

Applied psychology: Applied psychology is the use of psychological principles and theories too overcome practical problems in other fields such as business, product design, nutrition, law and clinical medicine.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?