31st October 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications required to become RTO? Which graduation to complete?

i have completed the diploma in mechanical engg branch. Now I am studying b.tech inth branch of automobile . If want to appear for the RTO exam, and my aim is to become regional tranport officer. sould i need to complete the graduation,if so in which branch i have to do the graduation.

31st October 2016, 06:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications required to become RTO? Which graduation to complete?

Eligibility criteria for RTO exam :-

Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Graduation/Mechanical Engineering/Diploma in Automobile from a recognized university/institution.

Age Limit: Minimum age should be 18 years and maximum age 35 years. Relaxation will be same as per norms of Government of India.

Selection Process: Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of performance in written exam and interview conducted by the selection committee.

Applicants may get detailed information regarding RTO Recruitment exam from Official Website of India particular state.
31st October 2016, 07:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications required to become RTO? Which graduation to complete?

RTO stands for Regional Transport officer. The entrance examination for RTO is conducted State government. The eligibility criteria for different post is different:

>>For clerical post, minimum qualification required is 10+2 or its equivalent such as diploma from a recognized board. After diploma in mechanical engineering, you are eligible for clerical post.

>>For Judicial post, bachelor's degree in law is required.

>>For Assistant Engineer post, minimum qualification is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology in streams like mechanical, automobile or civil etc. You can apply for this post while pursuing final year of automobile engineering. You will be eligible for RTO examination in final year of bachelor's degree.
31st October 2016, 09:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualification required to become RTO (Regional Transport Officer) :-

Basically there are 3 posts available to become RTO (Regional Transport Officer) office. They are,

* Assistant Engineer Post

* Judicial Post

* Clerk Post

For Judicial post, you are not eligible to apply as Bachelor of Law is required in order to be eligible. You are not eligible to apply for Assistant Engineer post as B.Tech or B.E in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.

You are eligible to apply for Clerk Post in RTO office as the basic qualification required is Graduation.
31st October 2016, 09:12 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Regional Transport Officer (RTO) Exam is conducted by State Public Service Commission for different posts in RTO such as clerk, Judicial and Sub Assistant.

Qualification required:-

For Clerk Post:-You should have completed your graduation from a recognized institute.

For Judicial Post:-You should possess graduation degree in law from a recognized university

For Sub Assistant Post:-You should be graduate from a recognized university in particular fields such as mechanical and civil.
31st October 2016, 10:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Minimum educational qualification required to become RTO (Regional Transport Officer) is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any stream. As you are doing Graduation, you are eligible to apply for Clerical cadre post in RTO office. Because the minimum qualification required for RTO Clerk post is "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline. You are not eligible for other posts with B.Tech in Automobile Engineering.
31st October 2016, 11:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

RTO stands for Regional Transport Officer. There are different kinds of posts under RTO namely clerk, judicial post and assistant engineer post. The eligibility criteria for Clerk post is 10+2 from a recognized board. For Judicial post, bachelor's degree in law is minimum qualification.

For Assistant engineering post, minimum academic qualification is bachelor's degree in technology or engineering. You can apply for clerical post and assistant engineer post after bachelor's degree in automobile engineering.
31st October 2016, 11:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

RTO stands for Regional Transport Officer and the required qualification to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed b.tech/b.e degree from a recognised university in Civil/ Electrical and Mechanical stream and age limit is 18-34 years for Sub Assistant.

Candidates passed degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for Clerk Post and the age limit to appear for examination is 18-37 years.

So, you can appear for Clerk post.
31st October 2016, 11:43 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Any particular subject is not declared yet. You can pursue graduation from any of the stream. This time you are pursuing B.Tech and no need to do graduation again. You should continue what you are doing.
1st November 2016, 12:15 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Graduation should be done in any board irrespective of stream from a recognized university, you should however have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate. You age should not be below 21 years and should not exceed 30 years at the time of applying.

If you fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned above, you will be most eligible to apply for the post mentioned above.
1st November 2016, 09:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed the diploma in mechanical engg branch. Now I am studying b.tech inth branch of automobile . If want to appear for the RTO exam, and my aim is to become regional tranport officer. sould i need to complete the graduation,if so in which branch i have to do the graduation.
You can apply for RTO exam but in clerical post.

RTO stands for Road Transport Officer.

It is mainly for the following posts:

Judicial post
Assistant engineer post
Clerk post

For clerk post:

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or its equivalent from a recognized board are eligible for clerical jobs.

Your age should be in between 21 to 34 years.
1st November 2016, 12:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

To become a RTO (Sub Assistant Engineer), the candidates should have completed engineering in any one of Civil / Mechanical / Electrical from a recognized university. The selection process consists of Written Test and Interview. The age limit for the post is 21 to 35 years. The RTO examination will be conducted by the State Public Service Commission. So you have to check your state public service commission website link for the release of notifications. So you should be an engineering graduate in Civil or Mechanical or Electrical to become a RTO.
1st November 2016, 07:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the RTO examination, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for RTO examination for Assistant Engineer:-

Candidates must have completed their Bachelors degree in Engineering in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 65% of marks in it.
Candidates age must be below 32 years.
Candidates must be a citizen of India.
1st November 2016, 09:05 PM
pruthvi12dba

Yes you are eligible for the exam which conducts RTO after completion of your graduation just follow these steps.

* You should write the written test conducted by PSU of the particular state or UPSC.
* You should be from Indian citizen only.

Age limit:
* The age limit for RTO officer is 18-32 years
* Age relaxation is provide for reserved candidates
* 3 years for OBC
* 5 years for Sc/St

Topics to be Prepared:
* General Studies.
* English Language.
* Optional Subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?