21st August 2017, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of doing economics honors?

Sir, I have passed class 12th and I have interest in economics but I am confused about economics honors scope in future. That means I want to ask you what is the scope of doing economics honors is and after graduation what is your best idea?

22nd August 2017, 11:37 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of doing economics honors?

After doing economics honours you can go for:-

Higher Studies

Job

Preparation of Competitive Exams.

The higher studies for which you can opt after your graduation degree:-

Master of Business Administration

MA in Economics

MBA in Economics

Master in Applied Economics

MBA in Mass Communication

Taking about the job options, you can get a job in a private sector or in a public sector:-

Retail Finance

Teaching

Stock and Share Brokering

FMCG etc.

so, first try to get admission in a good college and then more accordingly.
22nd August 2017, 01:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed class 12th and I have interest in economics but I am confused about economics honors scope in future. That means I want to ask you what is the scope of doing economics honors is and after graduation what is your best idea?

Candidates after completion of economics honors course can pursue his/her career in government or the private sector. Candidates can apply for Clerk or Probationary Officer posts in banks after completion of economic honors. Candidates can apply for civil service examinations and state public service commission. They can also apply for jobs in Investment Banks, RBI, BPOs and Call Centers. Candidates can also apply for jobs in various private organizations in the administrative positions. Candidates can study Masters in Economics or MBA after completion of economics honors. After completion of Masters in Economics, they can appear for Indian Economic Services (IES) and apply for Lecturer post in colleges.
22nd August 2017, 06:06 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

A candidate who have studied Economics Geography/Business Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Economics/Pure Mathematics as one of the subject in 12th standard from a recognized board, is eligible to pursue Economics Honors.
After completing bachelor's degree in Economics honors, you will have plenty of scopes like Food Economist, Agriculture Economist, Business Economist, Financial Economist, Environmental Economist, Federal Economist, Natural Resource Economist, Building Economist, Health and Safety Economist, etc.
23rd August 2017, 12:57 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Career scopes after Economics honors:

Public Sector jobs;

Candidates can opt for jobs in IES(Indian Economic Service) as it is one of the excellent options for M.A.(Economics) passed candidate, after having qualified the exam for it, a candidate will be appointed as a "Group A Officer" in National Sample Survey, Planning Commission, Ministry of Economics Affairs, etc.

Candidates can also be recruited in various sectors such as;

> World Bank

> International Monetary Fund

> Asian Development Bank, etc.

Candidates who after having completed M.A.(Economics), does qualify NE can most probably work as Assistant Professor in any Government Colleges earning a handsome salary.

Private Sector jobs:

In private sector fresh graduates can opt for jobs as Data Analyst/Research Analyst in various firms. Candidates can look for jobs in various profiles such as;

> Public Accountant

> Treasury Manager

> Inventory Manager

> Risk Manager

> Insurer Manager, etc.

Most of the graduates are recruited by big Financial Organizations, Business Firms, etc. However, Market Research, Equity Research, Rural Development, etc. are other employment areas where job opportunities are available for M.A.(Economic) graduates.

One can also seek for job in areas of Marketing and Sales, Insurance and Stocks, etc. Opting in teaching line is also one good career scope.
3rd January 2018, 06:37 PM
sairamvtu

There will be huge demand for those who have economics background in future in India. Because,India is rapidly growing day by day. And the companies and industries are evolving like anything. So there is a need to analyze the economy of the country. So it is quite good if you choose economics honor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?