4th September 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

What will I have to do after B.Des?

Suppose that if I am finished with my finished the b.des course (4 year) sid pune. then what will do?

19th September 2014, 07:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will I have to do after B.Des?

There are enormous opportunities for graduates in bachelor of designing. You can get job in both private as well as public sectors.

>>Many private organization like hotels, boutiques, Fashion media, marketing sector, Quality control offices offer huge jobs for B.Des pass outs. In these firms, you can join as cutting assistant, graphic designer, design manager etc.

>>In government sector, you can go for entrance exams like SSC, UPSC, PSC for better job. Teaching can also be a good profession for you. National Institute of Fashion Technology, National Institute of Design etc recruits B.Des graduates for different posts.

Thanks.
14th September 2017, 06:32 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Suppose that if I am finished with my finished the b.des course (4 year) sid pune. then what will do?

As you have done B.Design course and confused about career options after completing bachelors degree in designing. Here below are details regarding career options after B.Design course:-

>> If you want to go for job then you can apply for employment areas like Media houses, Quality control, Textile mills, Leather companies, Jewellery houses, Fashion media etc. and get jobs like as below:-

Job Options after B.Design:-

>> Costume designer.

>> Cutting assistant.

>> Fabric buyer.

>> Fashion consultant.

>> Fashion coordinator.

>> Fabric quality control manager.

>> Production pattern maker.

:- If you want to go for further study the you can apply for M.Design course. Duration of masters of design course is 3 years.
15th September 2017, 07:28 PM
sapphire1

There are many options after doing graduation in designing. As you have done the designing course then if you want to do further studies then there are two options for you.
MSc in designing
MBA in designing

Both courses are good and have good scope. And if you want to do a job after this course then you can join costume designer, Fashion consultant, production pattern maker etc.

I think it is best to do further studies that will give you benefit for building your future. MBA in designing is best for your career. This is a management course and this is 2 years course. It is best to do MBA from the best university that will help you to get the job easily through campus placement.
25th June 2023, 12:25 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

After completing a B.Des (Bachelor of Design) degree, there are several paths you can consider to further your career and professional growth. Here are some common options:

Pursue Higher Education: You can opt for postgraduate studies to deepen your knowledge and skills in a specific area of design. Some popular postgraduate programs include Master of Design (M.Des), Master of Arts (MA) in Design, Master of Fine Arts (MFA), or specialized design courses. Higher education can help you specialize in a particular field of design, conduct research, and explore advanced concepts.

Specialize in a Design Discipline: If you have a specific interest or passion within the field of design, you can focus on developing expertise in that particular discipline. Whether it's graphic design, industrial design, fashion design, interior design, UX/UI design, or any other specialization, you can enhance your skills, build a portfolio, and seek employment opportunities in that specific area.

Gain Work Experience: Many graduates choose to enter the industry and gain practical work experience in design firms, advertising agencies, studios, or corporate design departments. Working in the industry allows you to apply your skills, learn from experienced professionals, and build a professional network.

Start Your Own Design Practice: If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to be your own boss, you can consider starting your own design studio or consultancy. This path requires not only strong design skills but also business acumen, marketing knowledge, and client management abilities.

Research and Academia: If you have an interest in design research and teaching, you can pursue a career in academia. This involves conducting research, publishing papers, and teaching design courses at universities or design institutes. You can also consider pursuing a Ph.D. in Design for a more research-oriented career path.

Professional Certifications and Skill Development: Continuous learning and skill development are crucial in the field of design. You can explore various professional certifications, workshops, and short-term courses to stay updated with the latest tools, technologies, and design trends.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?