15th June 2017, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in a good engineering college, if scored less marks in physics?

Sir, I shall be doing well in maths and chemistry exam, but the chances are less that I’ll score good marks in physics. I expect 25 to 30 marks, shall I get admission in any engineering college with less marks in physics?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission to engineering after 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?
  2. In which college will I get admission for pursuing B.Sc if I scored less marks in Biology of class 12th?
  3. Details of M.Sc in Physics, Mathematics and MCA?
  4. Which colleges can I apply for BSc Physics after scoring 85% in Physics? Can I migrate from one college to another if I get a good score in BSc first year?
  5. Can I get admission in any Engineering college after scoring 133 marks in (PCM) in class 12, 45 marks in JEE main and 51 marks in MH-CET?
  6. Can I get admission in any good engineering college having scored 120 marks in KEAM 1st paper and 0 in 2nd paper?
  7. Admission in a government college is possible after 78% in CBSE and 60 marks in JEE Main? Should I go fo B.Sc honours?
  8. How to take admission in engineering college in Pune? I have scored 50% marks in 12th science
  9. Admission in St. Xavier's College B.Com course is possible without having good marks in 10+2?
  10. Minimum marks required in KEAM for admission in a good governemnt engineering college?
  11. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Physics) in St. Xavier's College if secured 69% in 12th and scored 83 marks in Physics?
  12. How to take admission in Pune engineering college for Mechanical Engineering after scoring 92 marks in CET?
  13. Can I get admission in any good Engineering college if scored 63 marks in JEE Main?
  14. How can I join M.Sc Medical Physics in the best college of India? Can I get free admission if I scored 90% marks in B.Sc?
  15. In which college i can get admission with 30 percentile in CMAT?
  16. Can I get admission in BSc Hons Zoology? I have scored 75.4% marks in 12th
  17. Which are the best colleges for MSc in Physics? I have scored 78% marks in BSc
  18. Engineering colleges in which I can get admission for Mechanical Engineering after scoring 94.6%? Cutoff marks for government college of Engineering Pune? -- [Most Discussed]
15th June 2017, 12:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission in a good engineering college, if scored less marks in physics?

Yes, you can get admission in a good engineering college even if you have secured less marks in Physics subject. To get admission for pursuing Engineering course, you have to appear in National or State or University level engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, VITEEE, etc., and qualify the entrance examination and participate in the counselling process to get admission for pursuing Engineering course.
15th June 2017, 03:35 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission in a good engineering college, if scored less marks in physics?

In order to get admission in engineering colleges you must secure at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects. With this eligibility you have to appear for engineering entrance examinations, so that you can get admission in engineering colleges.

But, according to your prediction you will only secure 30 marks in physics, so I would say that it is going to be very difficult to get admission in engineering colleges with such marks. But, if you can achieve total 50% average marks in PCM subjects then there is a chance to get admission with low marks in physics.
15th June 2017, 04:48 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, if some how you managed to score 50% aggregate marks in PCM then you will become eligible for various entrance examination conducted for admitting candidates in B.Tech/B.E course.
For example, if you scored 30 marks in Physics, 65 marks in Chemistry and 70 marks in Mathematics, then your PCM aggregate percentage will be 55% and hence you will become eligible for various engineering entrance examination and qualifying in which you can get admission in good engineering college.
15th June 2017, 04:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The core subjects of pursuing B.Tech(engineering) is Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and you should atleast have 50% of pass in each of the above mentioned subjects to get admission in any engineering college. The three main subjects have the eligibility to get admission in any college of engineering. It is mandatory to pass in Physics ti pursue the course.
15th June 2017, 05:43 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

It is okay if you have scored less marks in Physics as compared to other subjects, you should however try to score really well in your entrance test in order to get admission in good college for further studies.

I would therefore suggest you to get admission in any good coaching institute or if you are capable than prepare quite well for your entrance in order to get good score and get into good college for further studies.
15th June 2017, 07:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> Yes, you are eligible to get admission in a good engineering college, if scored less marks in physics.

=> In reputed good government college the admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination.

=> My suggestion to you is that you have to score good marks in Entrance examination.

=> Without entrance examination and having low percentage of marks in 12th class, you are not eligible to get admission in good engineering college.
15th June 2017, 09:28 PM
Harshal R. Umathe

This is not a critical condition for taking admission in engineering .

You can score good marks in cet or other entrance examination for getting admission in renowned engineering college .
15th June 2017, 10:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I shall be doing well in maths and chemistry exam, but the chances are less that I’ll score good marks in physics. I expect 25 to 30 marks, shall I get admission in any engineering college with less marks in physics?
No, you are not eligible to get admission in engineering college.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for Engineering Entrance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
17th June 2017, 08:49 AM
rohit tihor

The eligibility criteria for engineering is as follows
1.You should 50% average marks i am PCM.
2.You must have scored good marks in Engineering Entrance Exam like CET, JEE.
Now it is upto you how will you secure 50%average marks in PCM. If you're scoring less in Physics then you have to score good in Chemistry and Maths .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?