29th May 2017, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Admission to engineering after 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?

Sir can i get admission on engineering colleges after i have got 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission to engineering after 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths? -- [New]
  2. Chances to study Engineering for a candidate with 24 marks in Maths of 12th AHSEC?
  3. How can I gain confidence to prepare for Physics and Chemistry if I am not so good in Maths?
  4. Chances of admission in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in Mumbai after scoring 75 marks in Maths and Stats, 51 in Physics and 68 in Chemistry in HSC?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Tech in NIT if scored 80 marks in Maths, 70 marks in Chemistry and 50 marks in Physics of JEE Main?
  6. Last date for B.Ed CET exam in Maharashtra? Procedure to apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get honours degree admission in DU with 89.3 marks in PCM?
  8. How can outsiders take admission in AP through EAMCET?
  9. What is the ranking position of St Martins engaged college and where does it stand?
  10. How to take admission in DU for BSc Hons with Physics?
  11. Which subject should I take in BSc after passing 12th?
  12. Can I get admission in engineering after scoring 123 in physics, chemistry, maths group
  13. How can I score 90% marks in ICSE Board exam if I am weak in Physics, Chemistry and Maths? How can I improve myself in Physics, Chemistry and Maths?
  14. Is it possible to repeat the graduation course again?
  15. Can I get NIT college with mechanical branch after scoring 33 marks in maths, 51 marks in physics and 57 marks in chemistry
  16. How to do MSc chemistry after completing BSc Maths physics and computers
  17. Which college should I choose after scoring 33 marks in Maths, 55 marks in Chemistry and 35 marks in Physics in 12th?
  18. Can I do CS course after doing BSc in PCM?
30th May 2017, 12:04 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission to engineering after 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) conducted by CBSE and after qualifying in it eligible for admission in government colleges and private colleges.

The eligibility to appear for Main examination is candidate must have passed 12th OR equivalent with PCM as main paper and minimum 45% in PCM.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about JEE visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th May 2017, 12:26 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission to engineering after 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?

Yes, off course, you will get admission in engineering institute after passing 12th standard from any reputed school. As you have scored only the passing marks in mathematics, so most of well reputed institute may not permit you for admission. However there are so many private institute in which you will easily get the admission with your current score. But for admission in engineering college mere passing in PC is not sufficient. You have to pass in remaining two subjects also.
My suggestion to you is that you shall apply for JEE mains. If you able to score good rank in JEE mains, then you will get a good college for pursuing engineering degree from well reputed institute.
30th May 2017, 12:43 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission in engineering courses after 12th with PCM as main paper.

The basic qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper. The candidates have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by CBSE as JEE, VITEEE, BCECE and other entrance examination for admission in course.
30th May 2017, 08:10 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognized board. You need to appear and qualify the engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc., to get admission for pursuing Engineering course. Since, you have qualified your 12th standard from a Government recognized board, you need to follow the admission process mentioned above to get admission for pursuing Engineering course.
30th May 2017, 10:04 AM
sarika1993

If the 33 Marks is the passing marks as per your state education board, then you are allowed to get engineering admission in few institutes. As per my view, 35 to 40 marks out of 100 is the passing marks for most of state education boards. If you are fail in maths, then you should re-appear the maths subject exam. After clearing it, you are eligible for getting engineering admission. In Engineering, Admission will be based on score obtained in (10+2) as well as entrance exam JEE Main.

JEE Main Exam Pattern
- Numbers of Question : 90
- Total Marks : 360
- Exam Duration : 3 Hours
- Each question will carry +4 marks and Negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
30th May 2017, 12:56 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue Engineering Course after passing 12th:

Aspirants candidate must have completed 10 + 2 from a recognised board with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

Minimum percentage should not be less than 50 and 45 in case of SC / ST and OBC students.

To pursue any government seat in any college of India you must have to appear in the JEE entrance exam which is conducted every year. But I think you have missed it now. Because result is already out and even the counselling is also started so you can apply for it next year.
Now you can take private seat on the basis of your 12th standard percentage and money donation.
30th May 2017, 02:38 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in engineering. You can directly get admission in any college or you need to attend entrance exam like EAMCET, AIEEE, IIT, JEE etc. By attending any of these entrance exams and based on your marks you'll get admission. In the counseling you can choose college and course you are interested based on your marks you'll be given admission. If you are from backward caste government provides scholarship after joining in the college.
You can even directly go to the college and you can choose your interested course then, they'll check your 12th class results based on that the fees will be declared and you need to pay the fees.
30th May 2017, 05:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You have passed in all your paper and are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree courses.

So, you are eligible to appear for various entrance examination conducted to get admission in engineering course. Some of entrance examination are :-

JEE.

BCECE.

WBJEE.

COMEDK.

You can also appear for entrance examination conducted by various institutes if interested in getting admission in it.
30th May 2017, 05:31 PM
LiyaSharan

Thumbs up Re: Admission to engineering after 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir can i get admission on engineering colleges after i have got 68 marks in Physics and 54 in Chemistry and 33 in Maths?
If your overall percentage is above 60%, you can get admission in Institutes like Lovely Professional University, VIT etc. But you will have to appear for the university test and qualify. You can also avail scholarships based on the score.
30th May 2017, 06:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you mention that the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree course from a recognized college is a higher secondary school degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

Now as you have mentioned that you have managed to secured 68 marks in Physics, 54 marks in Chemistry and 33 marks in Mathematics i.e; around 52% aggregate in PCM you are eligible for pursuing B.Tech degree course.

But I would also like to let you know that for admission in CFTIs , BITS etc. the minimum marks required is 75% ( or 65% in SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) where as for other top government and private engineering colleges is at least 60% aggregate in PCM.

So as per my advise if you are determined to pursue B.tech degree course then in order to to get good job placement options after pursuing B.Tech degree course you must reappear in your Class 12th once again and try to secure good marks in board examinations and various competitive examinations like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, SRMEEE, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?