18th December 2016, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

In which field the Testing Engineer will be offered job at HCL? Will they provide training in Development field?

Hello sir, I have completed BE IT and selected for internship at HCL and they offer me designation as Testing Engineer. My question is that whether they will give training according to the designation or they will give training in Development side?

Related Questions:
  1. Chances of job in IT field with experience in Non IT field?
  2. Scope of MBA finance graduate in IT Industries?
  3. Which course should I do after doing 2 months course in Software Testing so that I could pursue my career in Testing field? Do I need to do MCA, MSc IT?
  4. List career options for Diploma holders in Automobile field?
  5. List of companies providing 1 month training in Vadodara(Gujarat)? What's the are fields can be opted by an I&C engineering in training program? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the telecom jobs available?
  7. How to shift to VLSI field after having 2 years of experience in testing? What are the jobs available?
  8. While in 5th semester MCA(VTO) how to join internship?
  9. Procedure to get a job in Mainframe testing field?
  10. Companies offering training in S/W development and training field? Procedure to apply for it?
  11. What are the qualifications required to get a job in IT field?
  12. Is quality testing field a good place for future career growth?
  13. List of courses after B.Tech to get job in Communication field? Growth prospect and job role of Telecommunication Engineer?
  14. Companies for summer training in Civil engineering? Chances of getting a job after 1 months training?
  15. What is the minimum salary offered in the IT Field? Which Company should I join for work? -- [New]
  16. How to get into research and development field after completion of B.Sc course?
  17. Is airport management field better than engineering field?
  18. List of courses related to QA and Testing to study in MS through GRE in Abroad? Which universities consider GRE score?
14th January 2017, 05:45 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: In which field the Testing Engineer will be offered job at HCL? Will they provide training in Development field?

Your training in HCL will be for both software testing and development.
But you will not get to work on developing any product at all. You will be given a few lectures on development but you will not get to apply those skills anywhere while being an intern.
Do not worry as this is the case with all big companies. Interns in these big companies hire interns only so that they can do software testing and find the bugs in a particular product.
These companies rather than spending a salary for an entire year, they instead hire interns, pay them cheaply and let them go once the workload is off.
Thus, it happens with everyone as everyone wants to make and not only test but it is very obvious when you think as to why the company will give the intern that they do not know about a chance to develop products that go out in the market and have deadlines.

But if you really want to do an internship where you get to develop, then you must opt for an internship in a startup. Small size companies will not only allow you to build but you can end up being the whole and sole of the programming end of the company.
17th January 2017, 12:36 AM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: In which field the Testing Engineer will be offered job at HCL? Will they provide training in Development field?

In which field the Testing Engineer will be offered job at HCL?

Hi,

If HCL is hiring you as test engineer. You will be given opportunity to work only in testing projects. You will be given training on all testing related projects and you will be get deployed in testing projects.

But don't worry about testing and development and all. All the fields are very vast. Focus on gaining more knowledge from whatever field you get to work. All the companies which develop software or provides services , will need testers to test them.

Testing also has different types such as,
-Manual testing
-Automation testing
-ETL testing
-security testing
-performance testing
-threat testing
-load testing
...and many more.

Also, try to gain ISTQB certification. It will help you to grow in your career. It is mentality of the people in India, who sees developer at somewhat higher position than testers. But, in reality it is not true.

You are on right direction. Give thought over it. But, if you really want to be developer only then I would suggest you not to join any company as testing engineer. Join the organization which gives you the position you like. Organisation will only provide work and training for which they have hired you. Don't expect more than this.

best of luck!!!

I am sure you will make yourself proud.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?