16th September 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

How can i switch from Java to Mainframe internship course?

I want to switch from java to mainframe course? How can i do it?

18th September 2015, 12:39 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i switch from Java to Mainframe internship course?

Mainframe is a much secured field than Java field and there are not many companies in Mainframe field as it involves huge cost. It is difficult to get internship opportunity in Mainframe field if you do not have prior experience working in mainframe field. This is because there are no computer institutes in India which offer training in this field and accessing mainframes requires user-id and password which needs to be of some organization who are dealing in such operations and it is extremely difficult to get it unless you are permanent employee because Mainframe is mostly in service-based companies who work for external clients and hence their projects are secure and the user-ids and passwords are given by clients. Moreover the projects are of long duration, thus it is difficult to get such opportunity. However, you can try for companies who in take candidates for entry level cobol coding and later switch to mainframe job opportunities. You should have global certification or work experience to get into this field or be trained by some organization as a fresher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?