23rd January 2014, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Age and percentage relaxation in NET for Defence personnel?

Sir, I want to know about the eligibility for appearing in NET. I am in defense and i am undergoing MA English. will there be any age and percentage relaxation for NET exam as Ex-serviceman. thanks with regards.

28th January 2014, 06:30 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Age and percentage relaxation in NET for Defence personnel?

There is no relaxation applicable for Defence Personnel. Relaxation upto 5 year is applicable for Other Backward Caste / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes. Three year relaxation in age will be permissible to the applicant studying in the LLM Degree.

JRF :- Age not more than 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.
Lectureship :- No relaxation is applicable.

Qualification to apply :- Master Degree in any discipline of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and obtained 55% Mars for General and OBC candidates and 50% Marks for SC/ST candidates. Those who are appeared or appearing in the final year of master degree may also eligible to apply. Even Post Graduate Diploma candidates are also eligible to apply.
7th April 2018, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am ex serviceman please tell me qualification relaxation of ex serviceman in general category my percentage of ma 53 please tell l fill up the net form
15th January 2019, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am ex- serviceman .my M A is 65 percentage .I can fill up form net. My age is running 52 years.pl tell me
21st January 2019, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am ex serviceman.my MA 43percentage.I can fill up form net.my age is running 36years.pl tell me.
22nd January 2019, 10:10 PM
BKohi

For appearing for UGC NET exam, one has to meet the updated eligibility criteria:

1. The candidate has secured a minimum of 55% in postgraduate/master's degree.
2. If applying only for Junior Research Fellowship , the age bar is 28 years as on January 1, 2019.
A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD,ie the age bar for these candidates is 33 years.
15th July 2019, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

It is seen from NTA UGC NET result that in June 2019 exam , quota for a new category EWS fixed 10 percent. But there is no quota given to Defence services retired persons who have secured more than minimum qualifying marks. Is not it injustice to ex-serviceman.
29th January 2022, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

It is seen from NTA UGC NET result that in June 2019 exam , quota for a new category EWS fixed 10 percent. But there is no quota given to Defence services retired persons who have secured more than minimum qualifying marks. Is not it injustice to ex-serviceman.
31st March 2023, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Is there any relaxation to ward of ex-serviceman in NET Exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?