29th February 2016, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CSIR-NET(Chemical Sciences) being a Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology candidate?

Hello,
I am doing my M.Sc in Forensic Science with specialization in Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology. I would like to know whether I am eligible to appear for CSIR-NET in Chemical Sciences?

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET in chemical science? I am doing masters in Forensic Science
  2. How to build my career in forensic science after pursuing B.E in Biotechnology
  3. What is eligibility for niper-jee if gate is removed for pharmacy? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I appear in CSIR-NET for Chemical Sciences being a Biochemistry postgraduate?
  5. Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET(Chemical Sciences) for M.Sc(Biochemistry) candidate?
  6. Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET for M.Pharmacy postgraduate? Which is better among Life Science and Chemical Sciences? Is JRF not available for Pharmaceutics candidate to study in PhD?
  7. How to get admission in M.Pharmacy course after completing B.Pharmacy?
  8. Can i study Forensics Pharmacy after B.Pharma?
  9. Is Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery graduate elgible for M.Sc. course in Forensic Science?
  10. Am I eligible to write CSIR exam after doing M.Pharmacy? Which subjects to select between Life Sciences and Chemical Sciences?
  11. Eligibility to apply for CSIR-NET(Chemical Sciences) for M.Sc(Chemistry) postgraduate?
  12. Can I study PhD in Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Organic Chemistry being a M.Pharmacy student?
  13. Best universities or colleges offering m.sc in forensic sciences? What is the eligibilty criteria for this course?
  14. Am I eligible for CSIR having more than 70% in M.Sc Chemistry?
  15. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  16. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  17. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  18. What is the eligibility to appear for NIPER entrance exam?
29th February 2016, 10:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CSIR-NET(Chemical Sciences) being a Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing my M.Sc in Forensic Science with specialization in Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology. I would like to know whether I am eligible to appear for CSIR-NET in Chemical Sciences?
You are doing M.Sc in Forensic Science with specialization in Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology so you are eligible for CSIR NET exam in Chemical Science.

Those candidates who have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks are eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.

Best books for CSIR NET in Chemical science:-

The Pearson Guide to UGC-CSIR Chemical Sciences
by
Dr. Sanjay Singh Rawal
Publisher: Pearson (2012)

CSIR-UGC NET Chemical Sciences (Part A, B & C)
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-delhi (2009)

Trueman's UGC-CSIR JRF/NET Chemical Sciences (Chemistry)
by
B. Roy,M. Gagan
Publisher: Danika/ Trueman Publishing Company (2012)
1st March 2016, 02:51 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CSIR-NET(Chemical Sciences) being a Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology candidate?

Yes you can apply for CSIR-NET(Chemical Sciences). The questions though will be on the Domain of Chemical Sciences which will include normal Chemical Science oriented questions and not questions based entirely on the specialization of Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology.
You are eligible to appear for the Examination. In case you want to go for the Lectureship or JRF you need to have 55% marks in your Master Degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?