20th April 2017, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Management through correspondence after completion of M.Com with 52 percentage marks?

I have passed M.Com with 52 percentage marks. Can I do PhD in management through correspondence from any university without giving any entrance exam? Will it be useful for my future? Can you please guide me on the same with the complete details? Awaiting for the quick response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  2. Can I go for doing Ph.D after M.Com? Is it good to do or not?
  3. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?
  4. Am I eligible to do full time Ph.D after completion of MBA?
  5. Can I do PhD in Hotel Management? Universities offering PhD as correspondence?
  6. Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?
  7. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  8. Which option is best between M.Com regular and M.Com correspondence? What type of preparation should be done for Ph.D?
  9. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of B.Ed with 78% and correspondence with 49% marks?
  11. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?
  13. Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?
  14. Am I eligible to purse regular M.Com course having scored less than 50% of marks in B.Com in Correspondence?
  15. List of universities to pursue Ph.D after completion of MBA?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D with 54.50 percentage marks in M.Com?
  17. Am I eligible to pursue MA correspondence after completion of bachelor degree?
  18. How may i join correspondence course in PhD after completion of my MCA (correspondence)? List of universities for the same?
23rd April 2017, 01:36 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Management through correspondence after completion of M.Com with 52 percentage marks?

Yes, after completing master's degree in commerce you are eligible to pursue PhD in Management through distance education. But, it is always preferred to pursue PhD from regular mode. You should have completed your master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. If you are from reserved category, then you need just 50% marks.

You have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by institute where you want to get admission. After clearing the examination with good marks you have to face an interview which will decide your selection. If you have completed M.Phil/NET UGC/ICAR/CSIR or other examinations, then there is no need to appear for the examination you can directly appear for the interview.
23rd April 2017, 02:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Management through correspondence after completion of M.Com with 52 percentage marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed M.Com with 52 percentage marks. Can I do PhD in management through correspondence from any university without giving any entrance exam? Will it be useful for my future? Can you please guide me on the same with the complete details? Awaiting for the quick response. Thank you!

Sorry, you are not eligible to do a PhD in Management after completion of M.Com with 52% marks. The eligibility to do a PhD in Management is Master’s Degree in Arts, Science or Management or a Postgraduate Diploma in Management (recognized by AICTE as equivalent to an MBA) or any equivalent qualifications with 60% marks and CA, AICWA or ACS or its equivalent with at least 55% marks and work experience of at least two years either in industries or in academics. The admission to the course is done on the basis of the student’s performance in the entrance examination and interview. Therefore, you are not eligible to do a PhD in Management with 52% marks in M.Com.
23rd April 2017, 10:25 PM
Shynashaad

No, it is not possible to pursue PhD after scoring 52% marks only in your Master's degree. The candidates those who have completed their Master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for PhD course in relevant field. The candidate needs to appear for written entrance exam for PhD course if he/she have not appeared and cleared the national level exam like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE and the candidate who appear and cleared the national level exams like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or equivalent valid fellowship may appear for interview without appearing in the departmental entrance test.
23rd April 2017, 10:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, it is not possible to pursue the PhD course with 52% marks. The candidates who want to pursue the PhD course should have a minimum of 55% marks in their Master's degree and the candidate should have pass the national level exams like UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE.
23rd April 2017, 11:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you need to have at least 55% marks in post graduation to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. Hence, you are not eligible to apply for it.

Just make sure you have got the required marks and then apply for exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF.
24th April 2017, 12:03 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Candidates who have completed their post graduation with minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university can apply for PhD course. There is relaxation of marks for reserved category as per government rules. As you mentioned that you have completed your post graduation with 52% Marks so you can apply for the course only if you are from reserved category.

But you have to give entrance exam for admission. Without giving entrance exam you can't get admission in this course.

Thanks
24th April 2017, 01:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?