21st February 2017, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?

I have completed both Honours and Master's in Bengali with 50 percentage marks from Rajshahi university, Bangladesh. Am I eligible for getting PhD in Bengali in any public universities of India? Can you please give me the details soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Ph.D in Bengali after 48.5% marks in M.A (Bengali)? New topics for Ph.D Bengali? Institutes in UK/USA for the same?
  2. Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in Bengali after completion of post graduation in Sociology?
  3. How may I do MA in Bengali from any university after completing BA in Bengali honors from Burdwan university?
  4. Ph.D in Bengali for B.Ed graduate who has secured 64.40% marks?
  5. Detailed information about upcoming PhD Entrance Test to get admission in PhD(Bengali)?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA in Bengali and qualified for UGC NET?
  7. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Bengali course at Calcutta University?
  8. What is the procedure followed to get admission for PhD in Bengali in Kolkata?
  9. How may I do PhD from Netaji Shubhash open university after completing MA in Bengali with 56% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Bengali in India for M.A.(Bengali) candidate of Asian University of Bangladesh?
  11. Can I do distance B.Ed course from any recognized university? I've passed B.A(Bengali honors) and M.A(Bengali) with less than 50% marks
  12. How to do post doctorate courses after PhD in Bengali?
  13. When will the application forms for M.A(Bengali) be available? What's the required percentage for the same? I'm in B.A (Bengali) hons 3rd year
  14. Can I pursue MA in Bengali after completing B.Sc in Botany (honors)?
  15. Am I eligible for NET exam after securing 52% marks in Bengali Masters Degree
  16. How to get admitted in M.A with Bengali? What is the syllabus for the same
  17. Can I be eligible to appear for NET/SET with Bengali in India? I have done my M.A in Bengali
  18. What is the eligibility criteria needed to do Ph.D in Bengali through distance mode?
22nd February 2017, 03:38 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?

Yes you may get admission depending upon the university you are applying in. For example the norms in Calcutta University is like you will have sit for the Ph.D entrance also known as the RET. Here you need to score a minimum of 50% in written test which allows you for the viva test. But in other universities like Pondicherry,RIMT,Calicut you need to show a minimum 55% in Master degree. So it would be better if you list down the good universities of your choice and go through the eligibility criteria needed.
23rd February 2017, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed both Honours and Master's in Bengali with 50 percentage marks from Rajshahi university, Bangladesh. Am I eligible for getting PhD in Bengali in any public universities of India? Can you please give me the details soon? Thank you!
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Bengali because your masters degree marks is 50%.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam.

There are no age criteria.
23rd February 2017, 01:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned above that you want to know about the eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Bengali, so regarding your query I have attached a file where you will be able to find the total eligibility and other related information regarding Ph.D in Bengali. I hope the below file will guide you with the proper information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bengali.pdf(40.7 KB, 60 views)
23rd February 2017, 08:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after the completion of your Masters degree with 50% of marks in it as you do not satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
So, you are not eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?