30th October 2016, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance education?

Sir/Mam,

I am from Nepal I am pursing MCA distance From SMU after MCA can i do PHD with Computer Science? Can you please provide me the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can let me know the criteria? Awaiting for the response.

31st October 2016, 12:29 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance education?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for Ph.D course in Computer Science after the completion of MCA through distance mode, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their MCA from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
31st October 2016, 11:45 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance education?

If the open university from where you have completed MCS is valid or you can say approved by UGC then can apply to do Ph.D Need to give an entrance exam if qualify with good marks then only can get admission.
31st October 2016, 01:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am from Nepal I am pursing MCA distance From SMU after MCA can i do PHD with Computer Science? Can you please provide me the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can let me know the criteria? Awaiting for the response.
You have completed MCA degree from SMU. SMU is recognized University so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

You MCA degree marks must be above 55%.

Your should qualify in UGC NET or GATE exam to get admission Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?