12th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D program after completion of MA in English with 50% marks?

Sir/Mam,

I am an MA in english with 50% aggregate. can i go through phd programme? Is it possible for me to do so? Can someone please provide me the answer on this? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the complete information soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program after completion of MA in English with 50% marks?
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  5. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  6. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  7. Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  10. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in English after completion of MA in English?
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  15. Which is better to do PhD in English Language or English Literature?
  16. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic?
  17. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Management after completion of MBA degree with 75% marks?
  18. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
12th July 2016, 07:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D program after completion of MA in English with 50% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am an MA in english with 50% aggregate. can i go through phd programme? Is it possible for me to do so? Can someone please provide me the answer on this? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the complete information soon. Thank you!
No. you are not eligible for Ph.D course according to your masters degree marks.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
13th July 2016, 09:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D program after completion of MA in English with 50% marks?

No, I am sorry to say you that since you have scored only 50% of marks which is very low in Post Graduation, you are not eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?