8th May 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT Delhi if I have completed M.Phil?

After M.Phil, am i eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi without having GATE or NET score? Is the entrance exam mandatory for all? Can you please help me in this to understand if I would be eligible to apply for Ph.D in IIT. Please reply soon as possible!

8th May 2015, 11:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT Delhi if I have completed M.Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After M.Phil, am i eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi without having GATE or NET score? Is the entrance exam mandatory for all? Can you please help me in this to understand if I would be eligible to apply for Ph.D in IIT. Please reply soon as possible!
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D in IIT Delhi without having GATE or NET score.

But you should qualify in IIT Delhi entrance exam which is conducted for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in IIT Delhi:-

1)Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
8th May 2015, 10:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D admission in IIT if you have got M.Phil qualification in a given discipline from a recognized University. You must have at least 55% marks in your M.Phil qualification. You have to appear for the interview stage and if you perform good in the interview you will have good chance of getting selected.

Candidates with NET/SLET/JRF/GATE qualification or with M.Phil qualification are preferred for Ph.D admission in IITs and other prestigious Institutes.
9th May 2015, 01:15 AM
james hettfield
Member+

For pursuing your PhD degree, you need to appear for the entrance exam of IIT Delhi which have an eligibility criteria that you should be having a minimum of 55% marks in your post graduation and you should be having a good NET score. Thereafter, you will take an examination and after that there will be an interview held for the admission and then you will be able to pursue your PhD from this college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?