20th February 2017, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D through distance mode after scoring 65% marks in post graduation?

I have secured 65% in my post graduate study. I now wish to do doctoral course Ph.D through distance. Help me with details. Can you please guide me on this? What is the minimum criteria which is asked for? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D through distance mode after scoring 65% marks in post graduation? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?
  3. Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. From where can I pursue PhD in Sociology through distance mode?
  5. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation?
  6. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after scoring 50% marks in Post Graduation?
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
  8. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D after post graduation in distance mode?
  9. B.ed eligibility after getting less than 50% in post graduation?
  10. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  11. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  12. Where I can do the B.Ed course via distance mode after completion of Ph.D in Psychology?
  13. M.Phil or PhD in English or Sociology from distance mode in less amount?
  14. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
  15. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  16. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance PhD in HR for a candidate who has 8 years of work experience?
  17. Any chance in B.Ed in distance mode after scoring 50% marks in graduation
  18. Can I do Ph.D if I have completed MA with 53% from IGNOU?
22nd February 2017, 11:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D through distance mode after scoring 65% marks in post graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have secured 65% in my post graduate study. I now wish to do doctoral course Ph.D through distance. Help me with details. Can you please guide me on this? What is the minimum criteria which is asked for? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course because you have completed post graduation degree with 65%.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.
23rd February 2017, 02:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D through distance mode after scoring 65% marks in post graduation?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D through distance mode after scoring 65% of marks in your Post Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course through distance mode.
23rd February 2017, 03:37 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to do PhD through distance mode in IGNOU after scoring 65% marks in post graduation. Candidates with Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible for the PhD through distance mode in IGNOU. Candidates will be admitted to the PhD program on the basis of their performance in the PhD Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the IGNOU. Those who have qualified NET or SET or M.Phil in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the entrance test. You can find the details in the IGNOU website, the link is Click Here
23rd February 2017, 11:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to do Ph.D through distance education mode after completion of 65% marks in Post Graduation. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Ph.D program is "Post Graduation" or Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university.

As you have completed Master's Degree, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this Ph.D course. And besides this, as you have secured 65% marks in Post Graduation I am very sure that you are eligible to apply as the minimum qualification required is 55% marks in Post Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?