18th September 2012, 12:05 PM

Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning?

sir, i have obtained 62% marks in my post grajuation through distance mode of vidyasagar university, west bengal. am i eligible for net exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET Exam after scoring MA in Economics with 55% in Distance Learning?
  2. Will I be eligible for NET exam after doing PG by distance learning?
  3. Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of post graduation diploma? -- [New]
  4. List of colleges in which i am eligible for MCA entrance exam? I have 55% marks in 12th, Now i m doing graduation through distance learning program
  5. Am I eligible to give NET Exam after completion of PGDBA course in Distance Learning with 61% of marks?
  6. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  7. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completion of Diploma in Business Administration from Symbiosis Distance Learning?
  8. Am i eligible for a regular post graduation courses? What should i choose between MBA or M.Sc? I have done my B.Sc degree through distance learning program
  9. Will a candidate who has completed his PG by distance be eligible for UGC NET exam?
  10. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  11. MCA after B.Sc. IT through Distance Learning Mode -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET? I am pursuing my MBA in distance learning from SMU
  13. Can I get direct admission into IPCC after scoring 75% marks in PGDBA?
  14. Can I be eligible for NET SET by doing graduation through distance learning?
  15. Am I eligible in B.Ed for distance learning education after scoring 49% in graduation from Delhi University
  16. Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?
  17. Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam in Linguistics having scored 62% in PG in Linguistics from Annamalai University in Distance Learning?
  18. Eligibility for MCA from JNU after B.Sc (IT) distance learning with 72% marks without Maths as a subject? Other colleges with eligibility for MCA?
18th September 2012, 01:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning?

Yes you are eligible to appear for the National Eligibility Test. Like I have mentioned earlier in various answers, it does not matter whether you have completed post graduation through distance learning or regular mode. As long as your college is approved by the University Grants Commission you can appear for NET exam.

Therefore just check whether your college is approved by University Grants Commission or not. If it is then start preparing for the NET exam because it is going to be held in December. The exact date of next National Eligibility Test is Sunday December 23, 2012. After which the next time NET would take place in June 2013.

There are few requirements which the candidate appearing for Lectureship or PhD are required to meet. For candidates appearing the Lectureship the one major requirement is percentage which you are meeting quite comfortably. However there are few others which you are also likely to met but still I am writing them down.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian national.

2. Must have post graduation degree from a UGC recognized university.

3. Minimum of 55 percent marks in PG course.

4. For SC/ST, 50 percent marks are required.

5. Final year students of master degree course can also apply.

6. But to avoid disqualification they should submit their degree within 2 years of clearing the NET exam with the required percentage.

7. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

8. There is 3 years relaxation in age limit for OBC.

9. JRF candidates from ST/SC are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

10. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
18th September 2012, 02:50 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning?

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible for NET Exam as per your educational standards.

But at the same time , you must have to follow the below mentioned eligibility criteria for the same :

* You must have completed your Post Graduation from any recognized university.

* Your age must lie in between 19-28 years for JRF and there is no age limit for Lecturer post.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th September 2012, 06:02 PM
jmavinashi

Hi,
Since you have 62%, you are eligible for the NET exams.

Below are the details of the educational qualifications for the NET exam.

As per the eligibility criteria the candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.

For the SC,ST,Physically Handicapped and Visually Handicapped category candidates the percentage required is atleast 50% marks (without rounding off).

NET exam date : DEC 23, 2012

NET exam will be conducted twice every year in the month of JUNE and DECEMBER.
18th September 2012, 07:16 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi....!!!

-->UGC-NET (University Grants Commission- National Eligibility Test) is a national level entrance test being conducted every year by national educational testing bureau of university grants commission.

-->The entrance test determines the eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.

-->For candidates who desire to pursue research, the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is available for five years subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. UGC has allocated a number of fellowships to the universities for the candidates who qualify the test for JRF.

Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET 2012:-

-> Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

->The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examinations are eligible for this Test.
Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

-> However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.

->The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.

->Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.

->Candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit attested copy of their OBC(Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PH/VH certificate along with online printout of their Application Forms (obtained while applying on-line).

->Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test.

->In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)

Exemption (Eligibility for Lectureship):-

NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the university grants commission (minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D. degree) regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of assistant professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.

-->For SET Candidates:-

*The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for lectureship held prior to June 1, 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for lectureship anywhere in India.

*For SET held from June 1, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET

All the best....
Regards
Guri Kaur
18th September 2012, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for appearing in net exam having done my P.G in English from Rabindra Bharati University in distance learning?
20th September 2012, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

I have cleared my Master of Marketing Management through distance education from Pondicherry University in 2003 Am I eligible for appearing UGCNET? Please tell.I am doubting because it's not in DEC approved list of cousres
Ramky
21st September 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Respected concern,

I have passed with 67% Master of Business Administration specialization in Retail Operation from Sikkim Manipal University
by distance education mode.
Now I want to know am I eligible for NET ?
IF yes ,which subject eligible for me?

kindly provide the information.in my mail [email protected]

thank you
Regards
SUBRATA
16th December 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

im have obtain 58% in graduation b.a eco hons so after this in which field i apply for ???
16th December 2012, 10:41 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning?

Hi Friend,
NET is National Eligibility Test.

Yes you are eligible to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility

You should be Indian national.

Must have post graduation degree from a UGC recognized university.

Minimum of 55 percent marks in PG course.

For SC/ST, 50 percent marks are required.

Final year students of master degree course can also apply.

But to avoid disqualification they should submit their degree within 2 years of clearing the NET exam with the required percentage.

The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

There is 3 years relaxation in age limit for OBC.

JRF candidates from ST/SC are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

There are few requirements which the candidate appearing for Lectureship or PhD are required to meet. For candidates appearing the Lectureship the one major requirement is percentage which you are meeting quite comfortably. However there are few others which you are also likely to met but still I am writing them down.

Cool Thanks...
17th December 2012, 01:18 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

Yes you can eligible for the NET exam.

You have completed post Graduation with 62% so you are eligible.

NET stands for anational Eligibility Test. NET exam being conducted by University Grant Commission.

This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

Eligibility:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

The candidate should have complete the Post Graduation.

Ome should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post Graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% fro tech candidates of SC\ST category.

The candidate no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.

But the JRF candidates one should be in the age group of 19 to 28 years.

for updated information visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best.......
17th December 2012, 03:06 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sir, i have obtained 62% marks in my post grajuation through distance mode of vidyasagar university, west bengal. am i eligible for net exam?

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted by UGC.

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1. Junior Research Fellowship
  2. Lectureship

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline are eligible for applying this Examination.....

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Podt age not Exist 28 years this exam.

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.

Important Dates 2012:

Application Submission End Date - November 18, 2012

Last date for receiving the documents - November 22, 2012

Examination Date - Dec. 30, 2012

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

books for NET exam

Trueman's UGC NET Home Science
by
Anju Khosla, Ruchi

MODERN UGC NET/SLET:HOME SCIENCE
by
A Team Of Experts

UGC NET/SLET HOME SCIENCE PAPER II
By
Rao Skr

Net Mathematics Joint Ugc-Csir
(Paperback)
by
Sp
Price: Rs. 175

UGC NET/JRF/SET Management (Paper-III)
Code 1701
Writer : Dr. L. N. Koli & Prem Koli
Price Rs.450/-

UGC-NET/JRF/SLET Management (Paper-II)
Code 1653
By
L. N. Koli & Prem Koli
Price Rs.435/-

all the best.............
17th December 2012, 03:27 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam after scoring 62% of marks in Post Graduation in Distance Learning?

Quote:

Eligibility FOR UGC NET

National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by UGC every year in the months of June and December for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship( JRF)

A candidate is eligible to appear for the NET only if :-

>> The candidate must have completed post graduation with an aggregate of 55% (50% for SC/ST)

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 18-28 years for applying for JRF..

So, yes you are definitely eligible for appearing for UGC NET..

There are 3 papers which you will be facing..

Paper-1 :- The paper consists of 60 questions out of which you need to attempt any 50 questions in 75 minutes..

Paper-2 :- Paper will consist of 50 questions to be attempted in 75 minutes..

Paper-3 consists of 75 questions to be done in 120 minutes..

Click Here for more details on the subjects offered for NET as well as more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2011Paper-I (SET-X).pdf(170.7 KB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2012 Paper-I_Set-W.pdf(172.0 KB, 88 views)
17th December 2012, 07:25 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes you are eligible for the NET exam. you can apply for this exam. NET exam is conducted by UGC twice in a year. it will be held in the month of JUNE and DECEMBER in every year

Eligibility for UGC NET

Educational Qualification:
post graduate with 55% OR
its equivalent from university recognized
For SC/ST & PWD candidate 50% in post graduate.

Candidate who are appearing qualifying exam are also eligible for this exam.

Candidate not more than 28 years.
For Lectureship minimum 19 year maximum no limit
As relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD 5 years
4th January 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

if i quilified having 55% in PG level from distance mode(ignou). The UGCwill allow me to appear the net exam.
3rd March 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

sir, i cmplted b.e. from automobile and m pursuing mba from distance learning.m i eligible for phd in mechanical engg.is there problem that after mba phd frm mechanical .
2nd May 2013, 01:36 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
If you're completing your Master degree Course, then your applicable for NET Entrance Examination ,,, Master degree course is the Minimum Educational Qualification to Join in NET Entrance Examination ..

So, After Completing your MBA Course your applicable for NET Entrance Examination ..

You should know that the NET Entrance Examination Conducts Lectureship / Junior Research Fellowship ,,,

Applicant who aspiring to Become a Lecturer in reputed College then it's necessary that applicant should qualified in NET Entrance Examination ,

After Completing your NET Entrance Examination with the Score card you may get professor Job ..

Mater degree or Equivalent Qualification from recognized university are make the candidate eligible for NET Entrance Examination ...

Final year candidate can also eligible to appear for this Entrance Examination ..

Less then 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship and Upper age relaxation will given for sc/st candidates and obc candidates ..

No Age limit for Lectureship

So,It's Clear there is no issue with your educational qualification.. Based on your age limit you may choose Lectureship / Junior Research Fellowship ,,,

For More Details http://www.ugcnetonline.in/\
27th June 2013, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Helo sir,I am working in SAP and doing MS in software engineering a work integrated programme from bits pilani. Am i Eligible for attending UGCNET Exam?? Plz reply..
3rd July 2013, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for NET exam after securing 60% in post graduation in cost and works accountant from M.D.S university ajmer as regular student
27th August 2013, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

I failed to secure B.A(Honours),but completed my M.A(ENG)with 59% marks from IGNOU. Whether I am able to be an assistant professor after qualify in NET?
17th April 2014, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have post gradute diploma in comuter applicatio in BTE LAKHNOW.Can i am apply for ugc net comption exam?
30th April 2014, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i am p.g. from annamalia university from tamil nadu can i approved for the net exam
8th May 2015, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I have 48 % in Graduation but 70 & in post graduation can i apply for lectureship
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?