8th November 2016, 11:43 AM
Ramesh Thesma

Am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Post Graduation scoring 54.6% marks, now I want to pursue PhD. I want to know am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation? If yes then please tell me the process of admission.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after scoring 50% marks in Post Graduation?
  2. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (English) scoring 62% marks?
  4. Am I eligible to pursue MA course after completing BA scoring 44.62% marks?
  5. Can I do Ph.D if I have completed MA with 53% from IGNOU?
  6. Marks in post graduation for doing Ph.D in English Literature?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to pursue B.Ed course after scoring 48% marks in UG and 49% in PG? What is the procedure to apply for the course?
  9. Is it necessary to pursue Post Graduation to study PhD course?
  10. Eligibility to study PhD for a candidate who has completed Graduation in Media Mass and Post Graduation in English?
  11. Information about pursuing PhD English from IGNOU?
  12. Am I eligible for MPhil in English after post graduation from IGNOU?
  13. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MA (Sociology) scoring 53% marks from Mumbai University? In which college can I apply for PhD?
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  16. What is the procedure to get admission in PhD after completing MA in Sociology from IGNOU?
  17. Worthy universities to do PhD in English?
  18. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Computer Science after completing MCA scoring 74% marks?
9th November 2016, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Thesma View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my Post Graduation scoring 54.6% marks, now I want to pursue PhD. I want to know am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation? If yes then please tell me the process of admission.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for Ph.D course in English.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
10th November 2016, 12:12 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation?

Minimum educational qualification for pursuing PhD course is 55% or above marks in your post graduation. There is 5% relaxation in marks for reserved candidates. So if you comes from reserved category then you can apply for PhD course. You can take admission in a good university after qualifying in UGC NET exam which is conducted by CBSE. This is an entrance exam for PhD course and it conducts in all over India. You can also give the entrance exam of your university in which you want to take admission. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?