22nd August 2017, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Benefits of M.Phil before PhD in Economics? Can I do direct PhD?

I have completed Masters in Economics with 55% but not cleared NET. Now ,I want to do M.Phil and then PhD. Is there any benefit of M.Phil before PhD? Can I do direct PhD?

25th August 2017, 10:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Benefits of M.Phil before PhD in Economics? Can I do direct PhD?

Since, you have completed your Masters degree in Economics with 55% of marks, you are very much eligible for NET examination and Ph.D course.
You can definitely do direct Ph.D after qualifying in the NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Economics from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course after qualifying in the UGC NET examination.
26th August 2017, 12:32 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Benefits of M.Phil before PhD in Economics? Can I do direct PhD?

I don't think there is any benefits of doing M.Phil before PhD after master's degree. M.Phil (Master's of Philosophy) is an intermediate degree between Masters degree and PhD (Doctor of Philosophy). After completing master's degree in Economics with a minimum marks of 55% from a recognized university you can opt for PhD in Economics.
In order to get admission into PhD course, you need to qualify NET (National Eligibility Test) exam which is conducted by UGC (University Grant Commission) twice in a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?